Do any of you care about our Florida Marlins? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do any of you care about our Florida Marlins?

Pengh

Rookie
Reaction score
Please read entire post before posting any hate towards the marlins. When I say OUR, I mean mostly South Florida residences (Miami, Broward, and Palm Beach). We have a great team this year and I just wish a lot more of us "sports fans" would get into it! If anything, for the sake of showing the rest of our country that South Florida doesn't have a crappy sports fan base which I guess it is if we only care about Football and ride the Lebron James bandwagon. I realize that it's mostly because 75% of us are from some place else and not born and raised here or because our parents are from somewhere else and breeed into us their love for their Yankees (puke) and that's just crap... Where's the hometown pride and spirit? You as Dolphins fans must love that feeling of representing Miami when talking about the Dolphins no? We should love our Marlins just as much. And for those of you who say I hate baseball, well you're just one more reason why our area is criticized so much for being terrible sports fans. Do me a favor, the next time you're at the bar ask the bartender to put they game on... or better yet, get some friends or family together and go to a game.

excuses:
It's too hot (wimps)
It's might rain (thank god we need it)
It's too far (BS i wish i lived down south and not in WPB -- been to 3 games so far this year)
Too expensive (It's just as expensive at every other stadium)

2012 Miami Marlins -- new stadium -- get pumped
Go Fish (both species)

Not enough to have it in the miami dolphin forum................:lol:

Not enough to have it in the miami dolphin forum................:lol:

I posted it here because it seems that fans of Dolphins Football are really the only true fan that exist in South Florida. I was hoping to get some of the passion that we have for football geared toward baseball as well since we're in the offseason.

Marlins are in every game and exceeding expectations big time. Thanks for trying raise more awareness in the hope of building attendances.

People would care more about the Marlins if they didn't ditch their good players as soon as they started to become stars. The fans have been burned too many times.

Marlins are in every game and exceeding expectations big time. Thanks for trying raise more awareness in the hope of building attendances.

Damn right. Thanks... Hopefully some day I can walk into a bar knowing that my home town team will be available to watch -- not have to ask the bar tender to change the Yankee game over to the Marlins game. Makes me sick

People would care more about the Marlins if they didn't ditch their good players as soon as they started to become stars. The fans have been burned too many times.

This is crap -- Very next year after our 2003 World Series win and Florida is ranked 5th worst attendance in Baseball. No love no love.

Owners typically do this because they're not making money. I've always blamed fans for this. In 2005 the owner put together an awesome team and still nobody showed up... no love, no love ....even only 2 years after the world series win in 2003 attendance was 3rd the worst in the league.

I can care less about the marlins, i wish they would of left and instead improving the orange bowl instead of destroying a local landmark that it was.......

I posted it here because it seems that fans of Dolphins Football are really the only true fan that exist in South Florida. I was hoping to get some of the passion that we have for football geared toward baseball as well since we're in the offseason.

Sorry. Doesn't belong here.

...moving.

I know I may offend alot of people but I don't care about the Marlins b/c of the reason stated by TarHeelFinFan. And also b/c I think that baseball is boring to watch. I never understood the fascination of being at a game where a no hitter was going down. I understand the significance of it but to sit there and watch it is just boring to me. And trust me, I've tried to get excited about the regular season but its worse than regular season NBA. Atleast at the tripple A theres air conditioning. I enjoyed playing teeball and coach pitch but once it got passed that I realized I sucked at it so I focused spending my summer rounding the bases with girls.

I will agree with you on this, I'd rather watch a Marlins game than a stupid red sox or yankees game. I used to wear alot of hats when I was younger and used to get pissed when I would walk into Lids and see a giant section of those stupid NY and B hats but none with a Fish on it.

Say's the man who's got 75 posts.............:lol:

No one goes to marlins games when they have had good teams in the past either. If they were supported better maybe they wouldn't have had to trade off their good teams? Hopefully the new Stadium will mean better attendance and they won't have to go through continuous rebuilding.

I know I may offend alot of people but I don't care about the Marlins b/c of the reason stated by TarHeelFinFan. And also b/c I think that baseball is boring to watch. I never understood the fascination of being at a game where a no hitter was going down. I understand the significance of it but to sit there and watch it is just boring to me. And trust me, I've tried to get excited about the regular season but its worse than regular season NBA. Atleast at the tripple A theres air conditioning. I enjoyed playing teeball and coach pitch but once it got passed that I realized I sucked at it so I focused spending my summer rounding the bases with girls.

I will agree with you on this, I'd rather watch a Marlins game than a stupid red sox or yankees game. I used to wear alot of hats when I was younger and used to get pissed when I would walk into Lids and see a giant section of those stupid NY and B hats but none with a Fish on it.

A pitchers duel is great to watch, I'd rather see a 1-0 2 hr game than a 9-7 4 hour game.

I agree the reg season is too long just like the NBA & NHL but the reg season does mean more in MLB b/c fewer teams make the playoffs.

All over the world "NY" caps are popular- they are the greatest franchise in all of sports but I agree the "B" ones are stupid:D

This is crap -- Very next year after our 2003 World Series win and Florida is ranked 5th worst attendance in Baseball. No love no love.

Owners typically do this because they're not making money. I've always blamed fans for this. In 2005 the owner put together an awesome team and still nobody showed up... no love, no love ....even only 2 years after the world series win in 2003 attendance was 3rd the worst in the league.

Attendance was fine when the Marlins won it in 1997. The '97 firesale that was over a stadium dispute rather than anything to do with fan attendance, destroyed any care many South Floridians had for the team. The city of Miami loved the '97 Marlins and the city was betrayed.

Back
Top Bottom