Do any of you care about our Florida Marlins? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do any of you care about our Florida Marlins?

Attendance was fine when the Marlins won it in 1997. The '97 firesale that was over a stadium dispute rather than anything to do with fan attendance, destroyed any care many South Floridians had for the team. The city of Miami loved the '97 Marlins and the city was betrayed.

They averaged less than 30,000 a game, they had tarps up in the first 2 rounds of the playoffs- the City of Miami didn't love them that much. The marlins ahve been above the NL avg in attendance for ONE season in their history and that was their inaugural year of 1993.

I still care but unfortunately I don't live in south florida anymore, I know nobody was expecting the Marlins to do this well this season but I'm disappointed in our fanbase, this goes for all miami sports with the heat and dolphins too. Nobody ever goes to games unless the team is a title contender. Get out there to the games guys

Please don't try to restrict discussion about a topic and request that those not living in the area withhold opinion. You wish more people cared about the Marlins yet you don't want discussion about the Marlins from outsiders.

And I think it goes without saying that restricting discussion on a message board defeats the purpose of said message board

And with that said, I care DEEPLY about this team. Always have. Always will. And as much as I hate Loria and Beinfest, the Marlins front office has demonstrated that they can get it done and build a contender with the snap of a finger unlike some other South Florida teams.

I bought a Marlins hat, does that count?

I've got like 10 of them even though I've only been to about 3 games and watched maybe 4 on tv but I bought them to show some love just cause they're my home team. They just don't make enough good looking Heat and Dolphins hats but the Marlins got a **** ton now

I don't like the sport of baseball, it bores me. So not really. I like the Florida Panthers a lot more, but they've sucked for what seems like forever. But if I had to say I had a favorite baseball team I guess it would be the Marlins.

Yes totally agree ... I give into idiot comments to easily.
internet_serious_business4-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom