Do not resign Tua | Page 53 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do not resign Tua

just gonna bump this... please dont pay Tua. let's just rip the bandaid off and move on or else it's literally the saaaame thing next year. win most of the games were supposed to win and lose every single prime time/ big time game. so over it. we're the laughing stock of the media

Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office
just gonna come back now.. how we thinkin of invisible tua now?

I really wanted tua to succeed, I like him a lot and he does have some elite traits. Those traits don't seem to be what can really win in this league though, even the top tier guy of his nature in recent times drew brees only ever made 1 sb and he played in a dome in a soft division. Being in the afc east with those 3 cold weather teams that play physical isn't really ideal. If this offense looks that bad against kc next week I wouldn't be opposed to making a deal for Justin Fields. Maybe mcdaniel can work wonders on that kid, he did show a lot of potential in the second half of the season. Maybe if they run back tua they have a lot better injury luck next year and can do something but my optimism is waning and I don't think he's worth a massive contract at this point.

Tua's ceiling is Chad Pennington. All he does is throw hospital passes.

Tua 17/27, 173 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, 62.7 rating vs. Buffalo

Tua falls to 10-10 in December and January

The season is not over yet. If we win in Kansas and Tua puts up a 120 QB rating and takes us on a game-winning drive then the whole narrative will change again. However, based on all evidence to date it would suggest that the guy (unlike the greatest players) does not produce his best in the most important games. I am giving him one more chance against the Chiefs and if he fails to perform then I will go along with the calls to move on.

I’m still okay with extending Tua at less than 30 million per year. With that price point you can still draft another QB high at anytime. Those saying he won’t sign need to tell me who we’d be bidding against. I’m not a Tua fan boy but I don’t blame him for the loss.

Could we restructure him?
There's nothing to restructure. We picked up his 5th year option for next year. He isn't under contract beyond that.

No way I extend him during the offseason unless he takes a mid tier minimal guarantee deal.

Back
Top Bottom