Do The Phins Finally Have a First Round pick Next Year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do The Phins Finally Have a First Round pick Next Year?

Fin-Loco

Grilling Chicken Little
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Do we finally have a first round pick in next years draft? I hope we do something with it. We have squandered more GD first round picks on bullsh@t players (Yatil Green, John Avery, Fletcher etc) It would be nice to get someone who actually performs. How about last years draft what a joke. Besides LT we don't have a position on the field that got filled.

Originally posted by RICKYSABEAST
Do we finally have a first round pick in next years draft? I hope we do something with it. We have squandered more GD first round picks on bullsh@t players (Yatil Green, John Avery, Fletcher etc) It would be nice to get someone who actually performs. How about last years draft what a joke. Besides LT we don't have a position on the field that got filled.

Giving up LYs #1 for the Ricky deal was worth it. Altho the jury is still out, we may have been lucky with Wade Smith so far. Our past #1s, you hit dead on with the exceptioin maybe of Yatil. I he hadn't gone down 2 yrs in a row, we can't tell what may have been. But on the other hand, I believe he had a history of injuries somewhat and was a big gamble, as it proved to be, at that pick. Sooner or later (or the odds say so anyway) we'll havew to land an impact player with a #1.

Lord knows the last thing I want to to do is start a debate with you DeDolfan ;) but, what do you mean the jury is still out on Wade Smith? I was under the impression that the only thing keeping him from outright taking the job from Dixon is his lack of strength. Which leads me to believe that as soon as he gets his strength up to NFL standards we will have a damn fine left tackle....Have you noticed other flaws in his game that could doom him to mediocrity? (seriously, I haven't seen a regular season game yet, so I really don't know how he has looked)

Re: Re: dO THE pHINS fINALLY HAVE A FIRST ROUND PICK NEXT YEAR?

Originally posted by DeDolfan

Giving up LYs #1 for the Ricky deal was worth it. Altho the jury is still out, we may have been lucky with Wade Smith so far. Our past #1s, you hit dead on with the exceptioin maybe of Yatil. I he hadn't gone down 2 yrs in a row, we can't tell what may have been. But on the other hand, I believe he had a history of injuries somewhat and was a big gamble, as it proved to be, at that pick. Sooner or later (or the odds say so anyway) we'll havew to land an impact player with a #1.

Yatil broke my heart with those injuries. That guy could habe been so dang good. He was one of the most talented recievers to enter the NFL in the last 15 years. Oh well, we have Chambers now, and he is a pretty decent second prize.

Anyway, why are we talking about the draft just two games into the season :confused:

Originally posted by inFINSible
Lord knows the last thing I want to to do is start a debate with you DeDolfan ;) but, what do you mean the jury is still out on Wade Smith? I was under the impression that the only thing keeping him from outright taking the job from Dixon is his lack of strength. Which leads me to believe that as soon as he gets his strength up to NFL standards we will have a damn fine left tackle....Have you noticed other flaws in his game that could doom him to mediocrity? (seriously, I haven't seen a regular season game yet, so I really don't know how he has looked)

And you call yourself a Dolphin fan? :rolleyes: :D

I am kind of glad we haven't had a 1st round pick, because it has helped us Cap Wise...but It will be nice to see us pick up a 1st Rounder again...it will fill us with joy to be able to say "Our latest 1st round pick was ____" instead of saying Jamar Fletcher :cry:. :jk: Because I like Fletch.

We've played against two teams, neither one of which has set the world on fire with their pass rush. After that HUGE body of evidence, I'd say that it's still safe to say that "the jury is still out". At this point in the season the jury is still out on EVERY player drafted in 2003.

Man, inFINS you gotta get yourself a Satellite with nfl ticket. Thats just got to be torture.

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX

And you call yourself a Dolphin fan? :rolleyes: :D

I can't help it.....they play on Sunday afternoons, I gotta be out on the boat on Sundays.....;).....

I listen on the radio religiously! :lol:

I will damn sure be watching Sunday night though! :up:

Originally posted by phinfan_1

Man, inFINS you gotta get yourself a Satellite with nfl ticket. Thats just got to be torture.

yeah, I do....on the boat! :lol:

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
We've played against two teams, neither one of which has set the world on fire with their pass rush. After that HUGE body of evidence, I'd say that it's still safe to say that "the jury is still out". At this point in the season the jury is still out on EVERY player drafted in 2003.

All I heard the week before the jets game was how Abraham was going to be a big test to see how Wade could handle an elite rusher.....From what I understand, Abraham wasn't a factor.
I know they probably gave him help, but the man is a rookie starting his second NFL game and he has yet to show any glaring weaknesses related to his ability to play the position besides his strength. His footwork/speed is excellent, his techniques are solid, he's a smart, mature guy, and he's not intimidated at all.

I wouldn't say the Jury is out as far as him being able to play LT on this level, I'd say the jury is still out on whether he is going to be a GREAT LT or not.

Get me a big RT in the first. Let winey Wade go and save money. Then have Dixon/Whitley or Bates at one spot next year and the other maybe a FA or Nails. McKinney should play full time at center. That should do it.

Then cut McKnight
Ruddy
Perry
Maybe a couple of guys more but that is all for now.

In the third maybe a blazer. This is the deepest WR draft in years. It is better than 2001. Maybe Bernard Berrian will drop there, right now he is the tenth ranked receiver so there is a chance.

The rest should be MLB, DT, S, and the 7th round I don't know how bout we just take the highest ranked player.

Back
Top Bottom