Do The Phins Finally Have a First Round pick Next Year? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do The Phins Finally Have a First Round pick Next Year?

Here are three interesting O-Line players next year.

Damien Woody- Would be the best as McKinney could be moved to LG and Nails at RG. Also it helps robbing the Patsies. They will not franchise him either as the price of franchising a C is just as much as a T.
John Tait- Would be great but even though he is a RT not an LT would be still expensive.
John Stinchcomb- Could play LG for us and have Nails at RG

Originally posted by Jaj
Here are three interesting O-Line players next year.

Damien Woody- Would be the best as McKinney could be moved to LG and Nails at RG. Also it helps robbing the Patsies. They will not franchise him either as the price of franchising a C is just as much as a T.
John Tait- Would be great but even though he is a RT not an LT would be still expensive.
John Stinchcomb- Could play LG for us and have Nails at RG

Yeah Jaj we need to improve our O-Line next year for sure for good ole Ricky. I'd love us to get a top grade Center.

Originally posted by inFINSible
Lord knows the last thing I want to to do is start a debate with you DeDolfan ;) but, what do you mean the jury is still out on Wade Smith? I was under the impression that the only thing keeping him from outright taking the job from Dixon is his lack of strength. Which leads me to believe that as soon as he gets his strength up to NFL standards we will have a damn fine left tackle....Have you noticed other flaws in his game that could doom him to mediocrity? (seriously, I haven't seen a regular season game yet, so I really don't know how he has looked)

IF, I do seriously apologize! The ONLY thing I meant about Wade, as far as the jury thing, is that he has only started two games so far. I said that only as to cover my *** somewhat just in case he makes a [rookie] mistake and all hell breaks loose that he's a bad pick, yada yada yada. I normally don't go out on a limb too often, but right now, Wade Smith just may be the STEAL of the century, let alone this year's draft. I thought he was the "other" bright spot on our O while watching him "up close and personal" during the Houston game. And when he basically "shut down" the gREAT John Abraham the next week........................................................
well let's just say my opinion of him is, well........... :mdfin:

:D:D:D:D

Re: Re: Re: dO THE pHINS fINALLY HAVE A FIRST ROUND PICK NEXT YEAR?

Originally posted by phinphan

Yatil broke my heart with those injuries. That guy could habe been so dang good. He was one of the most talented recievers to enter the NFL in the last 15 years. Oh well, we have Chambers now, and he is a pretty decent second prize.

Anyway, why are we talking about the draft just two games into the season :confused:

Not really! Just about some things that are/will come to pass soon !! ;)

Get real you guys. Wake up and smell the coffee. We are waaay over the cap next year.

This is what will happen.

If Wanny stays:

First round pick (should be late if he is still around) will be the best available cornerback. Ruddy, Fletch and Madison get released after June 1st to make cap space and pay the first rounder.

If Wanny goes:

First round pick (a little higher) will be the best available QB. Fiedler, Ruddy, Fletch, Perry get released. SOB starts until the young QB is available.

No matter what, if Wanny is doing the picking it will be "best available DB!"

Originally posted by jaxdolfan
Get real you guys. Wake up and smell the coffee. We are waaay over the cap next year.

This is what will happen.

If Wanny stays:

First round pick (should be late if he is still around) will be the best available cornerback. Ruddy, Fletch and Madison get released after June 1st to make cap space and pay the first rounder.

If Wanny goes:

First round pick (a little higher) will be the best available QB. Fiedler, Ruddy, Fletch, Perry get released. SOB starts until the young QB is available.

No matter what, if Wanny is doing the picking it will be "best available DB!"

Better git anuther avatar, there Boy George !! Too dam,n many IFs in yer program thar !! Better call on yer bor Ted Daschle !! He'll git yer *** straight !!! :D :D: :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Wanny is not stupid, he will not take a damn CB. Fletcher was picked because he was considered a blue chipper that had fallen and he wanted a nickel to make us a hell of a secondary. So he made a mistake. This year he will probably take a RT. Dorsey, Starks, and Andrews are all possible.

Is the season over already?

Why so much talk about next years draft?

The guy just wanted to know. What is the big deal about that. Teams plan for the next three years.

how about Eli Manning? Kid's supposed to be better than Peyton. Could you imagine that good of a QB combined with Ricky? Sorry, couldn't resist stirring the QB pot again. I do like Jay, so I'm not bashing, just throwing that idea out there.

Sure Monthae Pyton. Unfortunately, he is going to be a top 10 pick and we don't want to be top 10...

Originally posted by Jaj
Wanny is not stupid, he will not take a damn CB. Fletcher was picked because he was considered a blue chipper that had fallen and he wanted a nickel to make us a hell of a secondary. So he made a mistake. This year he will probably take a RT. Dorsey, Starks, and Andrews are all possible.

just out of curiosity......how many picks did you forecast correctly last year?

Back
Top Bottom