Do We Deal...

CRIOS

Formerly: A&O
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
...for a higher pick selection in the draft?

I say no. You?

Digital

Starter
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Higher? HIGHER?????? …. now imagine I just said that in the voice of former Indianapolis Colts Coach Jim Mora in his "Playoffs? PLAYOFFS?????" rant.

No, trade down for more picks, maybe. Trade out for picks next year, maybe. But we don't have a QB and we're not going to find one to run our offense well in this draft, so I say …. NO.

phinfan33

Starter
Reaction score
Higher? HIGHER?????? …. now imagine I just said that in the voice of former Indianapolis Colts Coach Jim Mora in his "Playoffs? PLAYOFFS?????" rant.

No, trade down for more picks, maybe. Trade out for picks next year, maybe. But we don't have a QB and we're not going to find one to run our offense well in this draft, so I say …. NO.
This

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
I'm all for trading down to get more picks. We have plenty of holes to fill. I'd nit trade all the way out of the first round as was suggested in the herald. A first round pick gives you 5 years with that players before he can become a free agent while a 2nd round pick only gives you 4.

If we can move down and get an extra 2nd or 3rd then we have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds. I'd look into drafting two D-line guys and two O-line guys with those 4 picks. That'd be a great start to fixing both lines.

Crzynick25

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
13 is a good spot for some really good O-Lineman, if there is one they like take him otherwise trade down

Geordie

Starter
Reaction score
All I want them to do is identify a QB they are in love with and do whatever it takes to get him, whether that's trading up in this draft, staying put, over drafting someone or putting it off till next year while accumulating picks. For the rest of the roster I want to see us picking up exclusively high ceiling guys, that's not always BPA, the BPA may be useless to us if we are writing off 2019, what will they be like in 2020 and beyond needs to be the question.

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
I think the answer is it depends. Would be nice to trade down and accumulate picks and start building the trenches on both sides of the ball.

But if the team likes/loves one of the quarterbacks and they drop close enough, you've got to make the move up. Personally, I really like Haskins and if for some reason he drops beyond the NY Giants, I would deal up.

Top Bottom