do we even wanna beat the bills? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

do we even wanna beat the bills?

run34run

Practice Squad
Reaction score
i mean, we know we arent going to the playoffs, maybe we should just root for the bills...I KNOW it sounds crazy but...here are some reasons why:

1) Better draft pick
2) Insurance that wannstedt will be fired
3) Insurance that Fiedler will be gone
4) Insurance of an overhaul for our coaching staff and team

If we win the next 2 games, that might save Wannstedts job in the eyes of Wayne H. ..I want to make SURE that he's gone at the end of this season...

do my thoughts even make any sense to any of u guys, or am i just a heartbroken , mad, upset fin fan?

There is STILL the possibility we make the playoffs.. Never give up

ha!

even if we make the playoffs, wannstedt isnt smart enuff to come up with a good game plan against any of the playoff teams, and fiedler is good for the 4th quarter pick when the game is on the line... so even if we make the playoffs, it puts us in a worse spot after the seeason is over...(lower draft pick, saves wanny's job)

we (the fans) can alway claim the season was a success if we win out since we swept the Bills and Jets, even if we go 4-12 ;)

honestly

who REALLY at this point believes we can honestly beat the bills and then the jets??????? i mean, that sounds laughable right now

Re: honestly

Originally posted by run34run
who REALLY at this point believes we can honestly beat the bills and then the jets??????? i mean, that sounds laughable right now
why we did it already this year and we are talking about losing teams

I'm looking at the long-term future and not short term future of this team at this point of the season and due to how they've played lately...I actually would rather get a better draft pick because anything short of a Superbowl for this team is...a failure and there is no way we win the Superbowl this season. So maybe it would be better for us to lose the next two games.

If we could play spoilers and say have the chance to knock out the Bills and Jets out of the playoffs...than I would say...lets beat them but they are not going anywhere either.

hmmm

well, we beat the jets without pennington...theyre a diff. team with pennington in the lineup...the jets players show up to play, they play hard for their coach....but, if we squeek by the bills, we can think about the jets ...IF we squeek by the bills...it is december, its gonna be cold in buffalo, and we have dave wannstedt as our coach and jay fiedler as QB, all signs point to a loss...

Originally posted by run34run
i mean, we know we arent going to the playoffs, maybe we should just root for the bills...I KNOW it sounds crazy but...here are some reasons why:

1) Better draft pick
2) Insurance that wannstedt will be fired
3) Insurance that Fiedler will be gone
4) Insurance of an overhaul for our coaching staff and team

If we win the next 2 games, that might save Wannstedts job in the eyes of Wayne H. ..I want to make SURE that he's gone at the end of this season...

do my thoughts even make any sense to any of u guys, or am i just a heartbroken , mad, upset fin fan?

what a stupid question. If you want to root against the Dolphins do so. Don't ask that question in hopes you can drum up support for wishing for a loss.

Its really not rooting against them...I love this team and I understand what run34run is trying to say...I for one don't want this team to back into the playoffs and I cannot see them doing much if they got in...sometimes you need to be more realistic about things and think about what is better for this team in the future...

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
Its really not rooting against them...I love this team and I understand what run34run is trying to say...I for one don't want this team to back into the playoffs and I cannot see them doing much if they got in...sometimes you need to be more realistic about things and think about what is better for this team in the future...

the draft position difference finishing 8-8 or 10-6 will be 5 spots at most....yeah...that gives us a "stud". Heck, you can get those 5 spots if you trade a decent backup.

I never, EVER will come to the point where I'm rooting for my team to lose. That, to me, is just sad.

5 spots is actually a big deal bro and if we do lose...at least we know that Wanny will be gone for sure!!! Are you trying to tell me that 5 spots is not a big deal in the draft???...and that you could make up 5 spots by trading a back up???...in the first round...are you kidding me...sorry I had to say this but...you are a dreamer!!!

Go Fins!!!

Back
Top Bottom