do we even wanna beat the bills? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

do we even wanna beat the bills?

Dr.AstroZoom,

I understand where you are coming from...I guess I'll put it this way...of course I'll be screaming on gameday and going for the Fins but if we lose it just won't be as hard as I've taken the earlier losses and only because I can see what might be a brighter future!!!

No Wanny and a better draft pick b/c to me 5 spots is a big difference in the 1st round!!!

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
5 spots is actually a big deal bro and if we do lose...at least we know that Wanny will be gone for sure!!! Are you trying to tell me that 5 spots is not a big deal in the draft???...and that you could make up 5 spots by trading a back up???...in the first round...are you kidding me...sorry I had to say this but...you are a dreamer!!!

Go Fins!!!

The difference in the potential quality of a draftee as determined by five spots in the drafting order is not enough for me to want my team to lose.

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
Dr.AstroZoom,

I understand where you are coming from...I guess I'll put it this way...of course I'll be screaming on gameday and going for the Fins but if we lose it just won't be as hard as I've taken the earlier losses and only because I can see what might be a brighter future!!!

Ah yes, but you see my friend, there is a HUGE difference between saying "I won't take it that hard if we happen to lose, because there's some potential upside" and asking "Do we really wanna beat the Bills?"

HUGE.

The 5 spots...could also be looked at in another way...it could make a huge difference depending on what teams are ahead and behind you in the draft...by losing 5 spots we might be losing the player(s) we wanted b/c 5 other teams picked ahead of us...so in my opinon its a big deal....but its really not like I want them to lose...but if they do...it will not hurt as much...only b/c our future may be brighter.

oh by the way...run34run began this thread but I can see his point as well...maybe run34run is as frustrated as all of us FinFan are!!!

Sounds reasonable in theory, but it will be a cold day in hell before I root for the Phins to lose. EVER!

Look guys, I know we have sucked the last two weeks, but let's be realistic for a second.

The Broncos COULD be without Portis this weekend, and possibly the next. It is VERY possible that both the Packers and the Colts beat them.

IF that happens, and IF our guys can get it together the next two weeks, we make the playoffs. Then it is any given sunday.

Now we most likely will lose in the first round, but anyone can make a run at any point in the season.

Let's not give up, until giving up is all we have, ok?

Back
Top Bottom