Do you believe Wannstadt when he says | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you believe Wannstadt when he says

Sherif

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He's going to get our passing woes corrected?

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/7008111.htm

I do. In fact the worse thing that can happen to this team is an injury to Jay. We're comming up on the part of the season where he usually gets injured and misses some games. If he's our future QB he has to stay healthy all season. Thats the main thing

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Sherif
He's going to get our passing woes corrected?

I do. In fact the worse thing that can happen to this team is an injury to Jay. We're comming up on the part of the season where he usually gets injured and misses some games. If he's our future QB he has to stay healthy all season. Thats the main thing

Yes sir, because of last week I think the Dolphins will get their long passing game going very soon. I think all phases of this passing attack will get better and gain confidence now that they are returning home.

Oliver...

I believe he means it when he says it. That doesn't mean he can pull it off. To quote Gary Stevens, you can't make chicken salad out of chickens***.

Rick why so sarcastic. Do you realize after we beat the Patriots we'll be 5-1 with 10 more games left in the season. Then If we go 5-5 in those we would end up 10-6 and another successful season. Then anything can happen. We're almost there folks. I'm optomistic.

Originally posted by RikWriter
I believe he means it when he says it. That doesn't mean he can pull it off. To quote Gary Stevens, you can't make chicken salad out of chickens***.

I try and forget about that guy, he was classless. He actually thought he was the reason Marino was doing so well. At least that's how he came accross with that closing sentiment.

Oliver...

Rick why so sarcastic. Do you realize after we beat the Patriots we'll be 5-1 with 10 more games left in the season. Then If we go 5-5 in those we would end up 10-6 and another successful season. Then anything can happen. We're almost there folks. I'm optomistic.

I am sarcastic because I am cynical of Wannstedt's coaching ability. If we beat the Pats and Chargers, which we should on both counts, we will be 6-1. The problem is, the hard part of our season starts right there. We still have to play the Colts in Indy, Philly, Dallas, Washington, Baltimore, Tennessee and the Pats in NE. Those will not be easy games and I am skeptical of our ability to come out of them with a winning record in that stretch of games the way our offense is playing.
I certainly hope Wanny proves me wrong, but there are certain things you don't believe until you see them: FSU beating Miami, the Cubs or Red Sox making the World Series and the Dolphins beating good teams on the road in December.

10-6??????

Dude,

I'm a die-hard fins fan but 10-6 would not cut it for me. I'm very optimistic if not I wouldn't be back after getting my heart ripped out and fed to me so many times in december and January. The truth is that nothing short of the AFC championship game (which we haven't been to since 1992-93 season) would make this season a success. In fact, I need for them to get a first round bye in the playoffs. I am still not impressed with this team because we've been 4-1 before. Do you remember '93 when we were 9-2 after beating the Cowboys on Thanksgiving in the "Leon Lettdown" game? We went on to lose 5 straight and missed the playoffs. I'm optimistic, but not impressed yet!!!

Originally posted by RikWriter

I am sarcastic because I am cynical of Wannstedt's coaching ability. If we beat the Pats and Chargers, which we should on both counts, we will be 6-1. The problem is, the hard part of our season starts right there. We still have to play the Colts in Indy, Philly, Dallas, Washington, Baltimore, Tennessee and the Pats in NE. Those will not be easy games and I am skeptical of our ability to come out of them with a winning record in that stretch of games the way our offense is playing.
I certainly hope Wanny proves me wrong, but there are certain things you don't believe until you see them: FSU beating Miami, the Cubs or Red Sox making the World Series and the Dolphins beating good teams on the road in December.

The Colts game is at JRS.

Oliver...

This may sound silly, but after what happened last year and the awful and empty feeling of being home for the play-offs, I just want the team to get back there. If 10-6 gets the team to the play-offs, fine. That would have last year. Of course I would like to think the team will be farther, and I know that just making the play-offs isn't good enough for many people on this board, but more than anything I just want to be there.

I almost wish it was at Indy. I don't want to come off ****y, but we owned the Colts in their house the last several years they were in the AFC East. Conversely, they pretty much owned us at Pro Player over that same time span until Lamar Smith's 40 carry playoff performance.

You're forgetting about the night game and the Marion INT the year before last. Then came the 9ers game.

You're forgetting about the night game and the Marion INT the year before last. Then came the 9ers game.

I think he said until Lamar Smith's 40-carry performance. Before that game,
1998: Dolphins 27-14
1999: Colts 37-34
2000: Colts 20-13
He has a point.

At least during the Peyton Manning era.

Edgerrin James should be back for that game. So it'll be extra tough. They are a very good team who are growing pretty mentally tough. Ok, they had an emotional letdown vs Carolina. But they were without James and the game was close. Plus, Carolina is good.

When we correct the deep threat............all I can say is watch out for Ricky to take control of the game again...........

Back
Top Bottom