• Heck yes I care... Win at all costs

Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Yes I care.. but only because its against the Jets

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • naw... who cares... we suck

Votes: 8 17.8%

• Total voters
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I care about this game. I am very disapointed in the Dolphins, but after this game we won't play a regular season game for 8 months. This will be my last chance to see the Dolphins play a game until September (unless I get a preseason game, but they don't show preseason on NFL Sunday Ticket :( )

Also, I really want to beat the Jets.

you said it all!

Originally posted by Jeep
<shaking head> <sniffing> Its gonna be a long long offseason!!!

You got that right Jeep. :(

Originally posted by Muck
I can't wait. This is going to be one of the best games of the year. You'll be sorry you missed it.

I agree, Muck. It's going to be a great game; I can't wait to go. On a side note, by chance, I sat by Curtis Martin's mother on a flight from Pittsburgh to Fort Lauderdale last night. I didn't know who she was until over Jacksonville or so, but we got talking about football when she saw a Dolphins keychain on my backpack. Nice woman!
~~Holli

I couldn't care less about this team.

By supporting them when they underachieve and dissapoint you send a message that it's ok and you'll support them anyway.

I don't want to be the Cubs who always lose and the fans come out anyway. If you aren't going to make the commitment to field the best team and COACHING STAFF then I'm not going to spend my time and money giving a full effort to support them. I have to pay alot of money to either watch on direct TV or at a sports bar and/or go to games.

I'm tired of this team not living up to potential and I'm not going to support them when they are finishing yet another dissapointing season.

I'll be right back again next season to see if they fulfill their potential for once in my life.

If we lose, I will only be getting pissed off for absolutely nothing....If they win, they win absolitely nothing (if anything they lose a lower spot in the draft) .....I will always pull for my team no matter what, but this game is a lose lose situation already....so , naw, I dont care.

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
By supporting them when they underachieve and dissapoint you send a message that it's ok and you'll support them anyway.

The very DEFINITION of a fairweather fan.

I don't want to be the Cubs who always lose and the fans come out anyway. If you aren't going to make the commitment to field the best team and COACHING STAFF then I'm not going to spend my time and money giving a full effort to support them.

I've got bad news for you man. The odds are that we're not going to win the Super Bowl next year or the year after or the year after. That's just the way it goes.....for every team.

By supporting these Dolphins, it doesn't mean you support mediocrity. That's insane. You mean to tell us that all the moves the team has made the last 10-15 offseasons weren't made with the intention of winning a championship?? Of course not.

What about Tampa?? They didn't even break .500 this year. So you're saying that the Fire Jon Gruden guy actually has a point?? That anything less than a Super Bowl title every year is grounds for dismissal and jumping ship??

I understand not going to games or whatever for financial reasons. Heck, I'm in the same boat. And it's your perogative why you'd choose not to attend games. But to imply that the rest of us are "supporting mediocrity" by attending tomorrow's game just isn't accurate. This isn't Mike Brown's Cincinnati Bengals. This organization is dedicated to winning. They go after it every season.

For whatever reasons, it hasn't worked out. And now we'll have major changes. But you must remember that this is also a CLASS organization that doesn't go around firing coaches after one bad season.

I don't mean to attack you or single you out or anything. If I come off that way, I apologize because that is not my intent. And I'm not calling you a fairweather fan. :)

"I'm tired of this team not living up to potential and I'm not going to support them when they are finishing yet another dissapointing season.

I'll be right back again next season to see if they fulfill their potential for once in my life."

I don't know Muck, I might be wrong, but it definitely has the sound of a "fairweather fan" to me.

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

Originally posted by HolliFinFan

I agree, Muck. It's going to be a great game; I can't wait to go. On a side note, by chance, I sat by Curtis Martin's mother on a flight from Pittsburgh to Fort Lauderdale last night. I didn't know who she was until over Jacksonville or so, but we got talking about football when she saw a Dolphins keychain on my backpack. Nice woman!
~~Holli

Did you happen to mention her son has lost a step? :tongue:

You know, I'm a Dolphins fan. Win or lose. Am I disappointed when they lose? OF COURSE. But that's the way any sport goes. Roll with it and wait till next season.

Originally posted by Peebs

Did you happen to mention her son has lost a step? :tongue:

You know, I'm a Dolphins fan. Win or lose. Am I disappointed when they lose? OF COURSE. But that's the way any sport goes. Roll with it and wait till next season.

Answer to Peebs:

As to your question, no, I didn't say that; she was a quiet woman, regal in her mien and soft spoken. She did tell me that he made some record this year of so many 1,000 + seasons. She also said she'd like him to retire soon, as he has to take ice baths after games so he can walk and she does not want to see him face a crippling future, regardless of how much money he might continue to make. She said he wants to play at least five more seasons, and would like to some day reunite with Parcells.

Addressing the second part: I'm a Dolphins fan too, but I'm also an enjoyer of the sport of football. In the five years of my season tickets and years before when I attended many games, I've seen so many great NFL players at PPS. The height of my disappointment this year was the OT loss to the Pats. After that, I just took the wins/losses as they came.

I respect the team, understand the limitations of playing in the NFL, and know that it's not all about "me" when assessing players' reactions to the season, games, press, etc. I read earlier today on a thread someone dissing Jason Taylor for speaking his mind on the season and Wannstedt, as if Taylor needed that poster's permission to speak honestly. I was LMAO at such self importance by the poster--Taylor works in this organization daily, and he has his own biases, yet it was as if the poster wanted Dolphin players to "run by" comments to fit his need for Wannstedt's being fired. I really don't remember who posted that or I'd say--I am not one to shy away from calling shots as I see them.
~~Holli

I hate to break it to Curtis but he doesn't have 5 more seasons left...

And the second part of my post was not directed at you, it was in general to the thread. In case you thought they were. :)

Back
Top Bottom