Do you get the impression the Dolphins drafted based more on fan perception? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you get the impression the Dolphins drafted based more on fan perception?

I don't think so. They would have drafted receiver with their second if they were just trying to please their fans.

I think Ireland picked the guys his coaches need. Philbin has talked repeatedly about how bad the team's offensive line play was last year (and it was, which is pretty pathetic considering, you know, Tony Sparano). I would not be surprised to see us draft a guard here on day 3.

The front office is supposed to do what's best for the team. What the fan base wants 95% of the time isn't attainable anyway.

I don't think so. I think it just appears that way since the picks seems to make sense to us, the fans. In other words filling needs with sensible picks.

If they picked what the fans wanted, they would have gotten a WR in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, so obviously not.

I just think that it appears that way because they are drafting guys that make sense - in order to fill needs. These picks are solid and make a lot of sense.

Back
Top Bottom