Do you have a ritual before watching a game ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you have a ritual before watching a game ?

FinsGoToGuy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
It is pretty boring these days since we have no signings coming (except maybe Griese) so I tough I could start a general discussion thread.

Do any of you have a ritual before watching a Fins game. Like eating the same thing, doing a barbecue with your buddies, sending your wife & kids to your mother-in-law ?

For my part it's nothing special. I just watch all the pregame show, I only drink with my Fins glass and I must have my Fins Football in my hands when watching the game. Sometime it doesn't stay there but it always seems to find a way back.
:D

And I usually call a pizza and drink rhum & coke.

What's yours ?

haha Yeah, last year I did. The first few games of ours were early so I would get up and make breakfast for my children which usually consisted of eggs, toast, juice, etc. Nothing to big. We would all each and watch some of the pregame shows. I would then take a shower and then head out to the sports bar arriving about 15 minutes early. I would then order a drink and sit back and await the rest of my group. That lasted up to the 6th week. I then realized it didn't matter. haha

I would put on the Nfl.com stat tracker thing while I was watching the game on tv so I could see who had done what so far from a statistical point of view. Also the gf and kids would scatter so I could yell in happiness or scream in pain on my own...lol As for food id have my Miami snack football helmet filled with doritos and m and m's...

I live in Lion country.......so that game comes first around here.....that being the case my only ritual is figuring out where to watch MY game.Sometimes it's at home if it starts at a different time then the Lions,or I go to our bar or to my Moms.......my Mom is so cool because she has the ticket too........so if all else fails it's Moms house for the game.

Sugar! Funny seeing YOU here!

My ritual used to be having breakfast at the sports bar, pickin my TV in the corner, leaving at haftime to pick up my wife an baby, ad gettingback and watching the 2nd half with them.

My ritual in Oct. on MNF will be watching Jr's return to San Diego and the Phins kicking ASS.

I have the ticket so I don't have to leave my house. I usually gather all my Dolphins hats, and put them around the TV. I then put on my Ricky Williams Jersey and watch the game. If we start doing bad, I will change my clothes.

I drink whatever is available and eat whatever is available.

I shut the door (hey im vocal about my opinons and it scares the kitty ok? >^..^<) i get my Dew, and i log onto Finheaven.com and cheer, cry, bitznitch and moan with the BEST Fin Fans in the world! :jetssuck: :nesucks: :billsbite :up:

Pre-game ritual consists of......

4 bong hits, 4 shot's o' Cappy's, and 4 Hail Mary's (one for each quarter of the game)usually guarantee a Phins win. When they lose, ya know I skipped one of those 3 things......:rolleyes::cool:

Put on a Jersey according to the Home or Away status!
Last year was easy! ( usually number 34)
Watch the Dave Wannstedt and pre-game shows.
Grab a Bud and my dolphins throwing football!
Tell everyone the game is on so they have time to leave before they have to listen to me yell!
Thats it
Fortunately I haven't missed a Dolphins game in 3 years!
Go Dolphins!
:jumper:

Make sure there is plenty of cold beer on hand...

I don't wear a game jersey to sit in front of my TV...

I usually try to wear a jersey and hat combo that i've worn when they have won. When they lose I try a different combo. I try to save my Marino jersey for thevreally big games. I keep track of the phins record with each jersey that I have............. We are all sick dolphin fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't really have a ritual. I have NFL Sunday Ticket so I just watch in my room. Maybe my ritual is watching in my room instead of another room.

Back
Top Bottom