Do you still want Griese?

Do you still want Griese?

• YES, he'll be a good backup and may surplant Jay as the starter someday

Votes: 27 39.7%
  • NO, he is not worth the trouble

Votes: 41 60.3%

• Total voters
Originally posted by FinFan84
What the hell is wrong with you so called Dolphin fans on this board???????? The reason we did not make the play-offs was QB. Why arent we going harder for him. ALL Finfans I know would want Griese to replace fiedler except for the people on this board.

Hmmm...really?

I seem to recall a defense that choked as the culprit...but I'm not one of the Finfans you know. :rolleyes:

rgds!

AMEN

What the hell is wrong with you so called Dolphin fans on this board???????? The reason we did not make the play-offs was QB. Why arent we going harder for him. ALL Finfans I know would want Griese to replace fiedler except for the people on this board.

Finally, someone that is not jealous of the money he is asking for and is smart enough to see the need the Dolphins have now!

Re: AMEN

Originally posted by Trekbiz

Finally, someone that is not jealous of the money he is asking for and is smart enough to see the need the Dolphins have now!

No doubt the Dolphins have a need for a #2 QB, because our starter has a history of not making it through the entire season healthy. But there is no reason to over pay for that #2 QB when there are more than 1 of them out there to choose from.

See Griese and his agent are over valuing their worth to any team right now, especially to the Dolphins. No one but the Dolphins want Griese and the Dolphins have other options out there to choose from other than Griese. To me that shows the Dolphins have leverage here, not Griese and his agent.

Griese needs to wake up if he wants to be a Dolphin this year, it's just that simple.

Oliver...

Maybe you shouldnt hang out as much with the mentally handicapped. :lol:

Originally posted by Crisdeman

Maybe you shouldnt hang out as much with the mentally handicapped. :lol:

Ya know this is a prime example for you moderators to see how someone who goes with the opinion of the majority can post whatever they like without being called out. It is a little frustrating. This guy said nothing personal, only a differing opinion and this guy answers with a mentally stimulating response. Cridesman has made himself out to be the tard with that response.

Re: Re: AMEN

Originally posted by Oliver

No doubt the Dolphins have a need for a #2 QB, because our starter has a history of not making it through the entire season healthy. But there is no reason to over pay for that #2 QB when there are more than 1 of them out there to choose from.

See Griese and his agent are over valuing their worth to any team right now, especially to the Dolphins. No one but the Dolphins want Griese and the Dolphins have other options out there to choose from other than Griese. To me that shows the Dolphins have leverage here, not Griese and his agent.

Griese needs to wake up if he wants to be a Dolphin this year, it's just that simple.

Oliver...

I actually agree with you Oliver. That last post was from my wife who is an ardent Griese fan and wasn't aware of the amount Cindrich is asking for. Griese is the best option hands down to back up Fiedler but his agent is being rediculous. It is up to Griese to intervene, and he better do it quickly before even the Fins brass say F@*k you to his agent and cut off all contact.

Gee, Trek....it seems like you called him out on the very next post doesn't it? So you wanna explain again how somebody can get away with that???

and BTW, "mentally stimulating response"does not equal personal attack.

Originally posted by inFINSible
Gee, Trek....it seems like you called him out on the very next post doesn't it? So you wanna explain again how somebody can get away with that???

and BTW, "mentally stimulating response"does not equal personal attack.

Yes I did. If you guys won't do it I will.
and again, just to prove my point. I'm the one called out.
If you guys are going to police the boards all we can ask is to be consistent. I don't think that's too much to ask.

Well in Brian's defense, a lot of times an agent will ask to be given lee-way when it comes time for contract negotiations I mean the agent finds out what the player wants and then its his job. I mean, if you keep a doctor/surgeon on retainer for you do you tell him to keep you awake during the operation so that you can tell him what to do? Like a surgeon (touched for the very first time), negotiating table time is the agent's time to do his work and he doesn't need the player getting in his face telling him what to do. You hire the surgeon because you trust him to get the best results. He hired Cindrich to get the best results and the worst thing a player could do is keep gettin in his agent's face pressuring him to do or say something, and I hear where Cindrich is comin from I'm sure he at least had to TRY and get a deal like the one he's seeking.

On that note, who the heck does Cindrich think he's representing here? Miami officials have already said that the starting QB job is NOT up for competition and that Griese will merely be Jay Fiedler's BACKUP for one year. Yet Cindrich wants a starting quarterback's contract. Don't blame any of this on Spielman here, this is purely Cindrich trying to treat his client as anything BUT a backup quarterback. He's trying to pretend that Griese is being brought to Miami to (wink wink) be a backup (wink wink) with the possibility (wink wink) of being the starter.

Well he must have somethin in his eye cuz there's nothin to wink about. It would be one thing if coaches were allowing Griese to compete for the start but the coaches are viewing this purely as a unique situation brought about by Griese's late release where we get to buy for one year a starting caliber NFL quarterback to be our backup quarterback for the season. As such Griese should get a pretty STANDARD backup quarterback's contract.

You know whats messed up? Cindrich is complaining about how little money Griese will be making if he takes 60% of snaps and leads the team to a super bowl, but Fiedler is in no better position. He doesn't have millions in incentives if he goes to the super bowl. We're not buying another starter here, we're buying a backup. If he ends up playing due to injury or if he doesn't so be it, thats the chance every backup QB takes. Who the heck does Cindrich think he's representing here? This is a borderline alcoholic who alienated his locker room and got tossed out of Denver and replaced by Jake Plummer...and its JUNE right now, not MARCH.

Screw Griese if Cindrich doesn't relent. We can buy ourselves Neil O'Donnell and this offseason will literally have been JUST AS SUCCESSFUL.

But please, just say no to Akili Smith.

Explain how that was a personal attack? Don't try to twist this into an attack on you, you're the one who stuck your neck out, I was just responding to you. calm.

You know what?

Originally posted by Mdolphins18
I can't see Sage as our backup. Do you really think he will be better than lucas?

MY grandmother could play better than Lucas! And she's blind, can't hear well, and is ON CRUTCHES! :rolleyes:

Lucas single-handedly cost us the playoffs last year. :cry:

And possibly more. :fire:

Lucas :chair: Me

I think Sage could be good. He just needs to be inserted in more regular season games. Wash up time would be good in games that we're leading handily. It's just that Wanny never takes Fiedler out. I don't think he's good at managing players. I think Sage will someday be a good second QB then he will be a good starter for a few years. As for Griese, I voted against him. I think it's been really ugly so far with negotioations and it just lets me know that he's not a player willing to give it all just for a foot in the door which is where his mindset should be now. And those saying its his agent, I'll tell you its not. Its him.

So the no vote is winning.

Can't wait to see the sweeping approval if we sign him.

Back
Top Bottom