Do you think Fiedler could take the Jets to a winning record? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you think Fiedler could take the Jets to a winning record?

fin-atic said:
Hold on... I am still laughing to hard to answer this question....

Now that is funny....and boy do I agree. HELLO! This is JAY we are talking about...with the wind in that stadium?

If I were a Jets fan I would trust that Herm Edwards knows what he is doing. So I would say Fiedler definately could take the Jets to the playoffs. He took Miami to the playoffs with a good running game and defense....both of which the Jets have.

Just hope we don't face him and get beat. That would be the ultimate embarrassment.

lazlo73 said:
Just hope we don't face him and get beat. That would be the ultimate embarrassment.

Well if Jay ends up playing and we have to face them, it is a real possibility that we lose. Right now the Jets are a better football team...even if Fiedler is the QB.

Fiedler can Definately have the Jets with a winning record..He had the Dolphins winning. But they Definatley won't go to the Super Bowl or anything like that with Fiedler.

zuper_man said:
If I were a Jets fan I would trust that Herm Edwards knows what he is doing. So I would say Fiedler definately could take the Jets to the playoffs. He took Miami to the playoffs with a good running game and defense....both of which the Jets have.

What he does when he gets to the playoffs is the problem.

Phinman said:
WHO CARES!

All I know is Jay is not a Dolphin and that makes me one "HAPPY CAMPER"!

Just about every Phin fan I would imagine considering the Jets are in the AFC East and their wins hurt us.

SkapePhin said:
If something happens to Penny and he cant play for the season, do you think Fiedler could bring the Jets to the playoffs?

We all know how limited he is, but he had a winning record with us every year except this past season..

Thoughts?

Yeah, he wouldn't win them himself, but I think he could steer them to a few wins..

I would say as long as Jay does not succumb to injuries, if he starts he can do well in the Offense. He has a better OL now than we probably had over the last 5 years.

The Jets, over the last 5 years, have average over 4 YPC in each year.
During the last 3 years, the OL has given up an average of 2 sacks per game, and that was with Vinny and Chad, who are not really as mobile as Jay.

Herm Edwards played against him, he knows what Jay's limitations are, so he will not put Jay at a disadvantage, if he needs him to run the Offense. They are using a short passing attack, which is what help Jay in Chan Galey's (SP?) system in 2000 and 2001, our last Post Season years.

Finally, I am not saying Jay will totaly succeed in NY if given the chance, he will probably have one of those Jay games', with multiple INTS, but can have a winning record with the current players and system.

It's pretty funny that Edwards wanted Fiedler. Every time we were going to play them, he was on the radio in NY. stating, the way to beat Miami is to stop the run and make them complete short gains and eventually you will get Maimi in second and third and long and Fiedler will make a mistake........Hey Herm, the mistakes on you now, Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!

i think he choke just like he did in miami he will not handle the pressure form the newyork media or the fans he couldn't even handle it from miami

SkapePhin said:
If something happens to Penny and he cant play for the season, do you think Fiedler could bring the Jets to the playoffs?

We all know how limited he is, but he had a winning record with us every year except this past season..

Thoughts?

I think he'd do about as well as he did here, the Jets have a pretty good team so he could probably go 8-8 to 10-6, maybe stumble into the playoffs and get eliminated early because he's mediocre and not a playmaker, when its all on the line in the playoffs Fiedler just doesn't get it done.

Fiedler has as much experience throwing to the Jets as he has throwing to the Fins, so I think he could help them win a few. OTOH, the Jets have really struggled when Pennington is out of the lineup, and Fiedler's style is vastly different than Pennington. If Martin can run and the Jet "D" gets really tough, Fiedler will win a couple. If the "D" falters or the run game stalls, the pressure goes on Jay's shoulders, a situation in which he traditionally struggles.

Back
Top Bottom