Do you think it's possible we trade UP for Andrews?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you think it's possible we trade UP for Andrews??

I think we need a guy who can play RT and then slide in when Mac gets healthy. If Andrews is gone at #20 then we need to draft Carey, as he wants to play RT anyway. If we wait, then we may loose out and have to start the season with a scrub at RT.

Question: Can Mac play RG or is he just a RT?

Steve

Re: Re: Do you think it's possible we trade UP for Andrews??

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE
I think it's much more likely we'll trade back 7 picks and draft Smiley than up for Andrews.

I agree. I don't think Andrews will get anywhere near us. But I still have hope.

I think there is just too many holes in the O-Line that we could fill to trade up. We could use a Center/Guard/Tackle so if andrews isnt there then trade down, if possible, or pick another O-line prospect Carey or Grove.

Re: Re: Re: Do you think it's possible we trade UP for Andrews??

Originally posted by Muck

I agree. I don't think Andrews will get anywhere near us. But I still have hope.

There is a chance Andrews could slide to us...it wouldnt be that big a stretch, but I dont se us trading up for him with the depth in this draft.

Can you imagine the tension in DOLFANLAND if Rivers and Andrews are on the board at 20?:lol:

I'd be happy with either pick, but you know I have my favorite.

My top choice if I could have any player would be FS Taylor. He's going to be special.

Originally posted by mbmonk
I think there is just too many holes in the O-Line that we could fill to trade up. We could use a Center/Guard/Tackle so if andrews isnt there then trade down, if possible, or pick another O-line prospect Carey or Grove.

Yup. We could trade back into Round 2 and grab a RG and RT if we want to. There will be some quality guys there in the early and mid parts of round 2 at OL and WR.

Originally posted by SWS84
I think we need a guy who can play RT and then slide in when Mac gets healthy. If Andrews is gone at #20 then we need to draft Carey, as he wants to play RT anyway. If we wait, then we may loose out and have to start the season with a scrub at RT.

Question: Can Mac play RG or is he just a RT?

Steve

So far as I know, MacIntosh is strictly a tackle. Actually, I think he played left tackle for the Chargers, but the idea was that he would be better suited to the right side.

IMO we don't trade up. That will cost us another pick. We need youth on this team and we can't add that by giving away our picks.

Originally posted by phunwin
So far as I know, MacIntosh is strictly a tackle. Actually, I think he played left tackle for the Chargers, but the idea was that he would be better suited to the right side.

Yup, strictly a LT in SD.

Andrews has too many question marks around him to trade up for him. Chances are, he will be there at 20 because of these question marks. The only way I see him off the board is if Cleveland decides to drop back and take him.

The name that has really started to come on strong out of Miami lately is Jacob Rogers.

I dont think Id tradeup at all in this draft. If hes there, Id take him. If hes not, I do everything in my power to move down and accumulate other picks. This is a very deep draft at a number of positions and there is value to be had at every corner.

I love Andrews, but I dont think Id trade a first day pick to get him.

Originally posted by Surferosa
I dont think Id tradeup at all in this draft. If hes there, Id take him. If hes not, I do everything in my power to move down and accumulate other picks. This is a very deep draft at a number of positions and there is value to be had at every corner.

I love Andrews, but I dont think Id trade a first day pick to get him.
Exactly what I think they should do and will do...if Andrews is there...take him...to me a no-brainer...if he is gone...trade down and get some more picks...between the 2nd and 4th

Why Rogers...

Originally posted by KBISBACK
Andrews has too many question marks around him to trade up for him. Chances are, he will be there at 20 because of these question marks. The only way I see him off the board is if Cleveland decides to drop back and take him.

The name that has really started to come on strong out of Miami lately is Jacob Rogers.

and not Carey?

Steve

Re: Why Rogers...

Originally posted by SWS84

and not Carey?

Steve

They won't go for a G in the 1st. Most teams have Carey as strictly a G, unless Miami is one of the few that think he can play T, they'll pass.

I hear Rogers is more of a techinician, but to answer the question: He11 no we don't we trade up, this draft is extra deep.:eat:

Back
Top Bottom