Do you think Saban could turn Marcus Vick into.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you think Saban could turn Marcus Vick into..

jlfin said:
Agreed. The Canes exposed him. He is awful, just like his over rated brother

No he isnt... this was his 1st year starting at QB... the Canes have a great D. If he had stayed in college another year, you would have seen something special...

miami's defense was part of it, but it was mostly vick's fault for that game. he was just throwing up passes hoping they would be caught somehow, without paying any attention to the defense. that was after they kept putting pressure on him. when everything is going fine he makes good decisions, but clearly not when there's a little turbulence.

Well, that is a sign of inexperience... He was in a little over his head going against a defense of Miami's calibur...

He had only started 8 games in college when he played Miami...

Marcus is a stud, if he falls to the 7th I'd BEG Saban to take him, falling to the 7th would put a big enough Dent on his ego that I believe he'll mature, he got caught up in the spot light at Tech as Micael Vick's bro, drove a pimped out escalade since his bro got drafted and had god status on campus his ego was so big his maturity couldnt catch up, I think he's been knocked back to the ground and will be an incredible talent at QB. Yes he's worth the risk late in the draft after we'v addressed our more serious needs.

ASUFinFan said:
yah and that vick has gotten them o so far...lets just add another vick to the roster.

So you think it could never happen. I will look for you if he doesn't get drafted because I believe the Falcons will sign him. Not because he is great but as a favor to his brother. We are also talking about using a 7th rd pick on this guy. Until he stepped on Dumervil last season the media was really pumping him up, saying how he had learned from his mistakes and all of the fans were high on him. It's funny how the media sways most people's opinions and they are so used to it that they don't even recognize it.

gunnakillbrady said:
Marcus is a stud, if he falls to the 7th I'd BEG Saban to take him, falling to the 7th would put a big enough Dent on his ego that I believe he'll mature, he got caught up in the spot light at Tech as Micael Vick's bro, drove a pimped out escalade since his bro got drafted and had god status on campus his ego was so big his maturity couldnt catch up, I think he's been knocked back to the ground and will be an incredible talent at QB. Yes he's worth the risk late in the draft after we'v addressed our more serious needs.

I wouldn't say that he is a stud but I would consider taking him in the 7th rd. He is an idiot but maybe this fall from grace will make him get his mind together.

Saban could turn marcus Vick into a Sanitation worker. He could empty the trashcans at practice.

Saban can probably calm him down more than most coaches, but that kid is still a head case...I would't want him.

TXFinFan said:
I would be all for us taking Vick with a 7th rounder. He is the type of QB that Saban likes, and I'm sure Saban could handle him.

Seriously, there is a difference in having faith in a great coach, and knowing when a disaster is beyond "saving." I think Marcus falls into the latter. Has he EVER exhibited ANY signs of maturity? I don't think Saban is the savior. He doesn't "fix" players who are selfish and arrogant. Look at every player that is a "Saban" player, not a selfish lot in the bunch....Marcus Vick = Selfish.

FinNasty said:
No he isnt... this was his 1st year starting at QB... the Canes have a great D. If he had stayed in college another year, you would have seen something special...

The Canes D was not all that great this year. Vick has no shot of ever being an above average NFL QB.
The Phins would be better off spending a 7th rounder on some lesser known small college QB with some upside.

Nah man, I hope that we can get a veteran QB through Free Agency and no rookie prospects unless one just is too good of a value to pass up when we are picking. I'm gonna say this GIVE LEMON A CHANCE, his upside is fantastic from what I am hearing, he is young, let him develop, projects at QB are not necessary for this team unless there is value, meaning he can be drafted and used down the line to get picks i.e. "Matt Schaub".

TXFinFan said:
I would be all for us taking Vick with a 7th rounder. He is the type of QB that Saban likes, and I'm sure Saban could handle him.

hahahaha, yea right, one who stomps on a competitors leg after the play...one who wields handguns at McDonalds....yea Nick Saban's kind of QB.... put down the kool aid bro.

TXFinFan said:

Uhh, exactly what type of QB does Saban like?:confused: And by handle him, you mean that our Defensive line would wear snake charmer boots and the coaching staff would wear kevlar vests..:goof:

You guys kill me. I hear that Lawrence Phillips should be out of prison soon also. We should pick him up cause I am sure that Saban would have no problems "Keeping him in line" and he wouldnt cost us much....:shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom