Do you think teams can trust each other on draft day trades? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you think teams can trust each other on draft day trades?

I’m sure the panthers are attempting every thing humanly possible to get to #1 for burrow

no chance in hell it happens but Rhule, joe Brady, burrow would be a hell of an off season

What worries me about the Panthers is that Tua also fits the profile of the kind of QB Brady would need to runs his offense. Quick decision making and accuracy being the biggest two traits, if anyone tries to jump us it's those guys I feel. The Chargers are in a more immediate need situation than Tua can offer them, with Rivers done there, so I think Herbert is a better fit for them if they don't go vet QB in FA.

I don't think it's as cut throat and as dramatic and some of the "smoke screen" Guys think it is. If it were, there would some kind of special/documentary about the under belly of draft day. And we would hear more about it from the media, coaches and GM would lose their cool and we would see it more inside the "war rooms". It would make for great entertainment. but I don't think it's as ruthless as some want to think it is.

I think it varies by which teams are in talks. Some GM's likely have a relationship and would be more apt to do some fair dealing. Now if a GM doesn't really like you, he is going to squeeze you harder. They can lie all they want but it could also backfire on them if you don't bite. We could pass or move on to the next team.

In any case, the Dolphins FO will need to figure out EVERYONE who is in the trade up market and then figure out what they have to offer. They need to look at all the picks teams have for 2020 & 2021. No one has the ammo we have so we would have to project what the team could offer. Some would have to give up 2021 picks which isn't as appealing. Especially not knowing where that team will finish and pick in the draft.

Free agency will clear up who is still in the QB market come April. Only two teams can offer two 2020 first round picks. They are the Raiders and the Jags but they are also not hight on the list of teams who are in a desperate or in a great position to get a QB.

Back
Top Bottom