Do You Want to Win Another Game This Season? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do You Want to Win Another Game This Season?

Would you prefer to lose out or win em all?

• Total voters
What would winning one more game this season -- or even all of them -- accomplish?

And here's an even better question -- what did going 10-6 and making the playoffs last season accomplish?

If we play well and win I'm for all it, but I'm sick of winning because the other kicker missed a short FG, or the other team had a bad snap, or the other team has even worse backup QBs than us. We've already won more than we should have this year, so no, I'm not rooting for any more wins.

You'd think winning is always good, but there's a down side, and I'm not talking about the draft. When the team wins "bad" fans start thinking we're better than we are. Then the front office either sees the same thing or plays to the fans perception and we have another series of head-sctratching moves in the offseason. It happened last year and it happened this year and enough's enough. Next time we win I want to be because we're actually a good football team, or better than the opponent anyway, I don't care how long it takes.

I like to watch games in which they win. That is the entire point of watching them. However, if they lose, it's a silver lining that its closer to a better draft pick. But hoping to tank is stupid, especially with this FO that can't draft for ****. Teams like the Steelers, Patriots and Packers consistently draft late but have much better drafts.

If we play well and win I'm for all it, but I'm sick of winning because the other kicker missed a short FG, or the other team had a bad snap, or the other team has even worse backup QBs than us. We've already won more than we should have this year, so no, I'm not rooting for any more wins.

You'd think winning is always good, but there's a down side, and I'm not talking about the draft. When the team wins "bad" fans start thinking we're better than we are. Then the front office either sees the same thing or plays to the fans perception and we have another series of head-sctratching moves in the offseason. It happened last year and it happened this year and enough's enough. Next time we win I want to be because we're actually a good football team, or better than the opponent anyway, I don't care how long it takes.
Have we looked "good" in a single game all season?

Have we looked "good" in a single game all season?

I don't think we have at all. There was a stretch where the defense was playing promising football, at least against the run, but we've been darn bad pretty consistently. I just went and checked the football outsiders consistency index and it says we've been the 6th most consistent team, so that seems to confirm my perception.

But I mean, if we actually did the rest of the way I'd love to see that

Losing out is fine, but if the Bills are still in the hunt, definitely spoil that **** hee hee hee

Lose out, and hope the top QB in the draft and future savior of the franchise takes a video with a pot mask on. Too much to ask?

I’d prefer losing out but Denver is so bad I’m guessing Miami wins. Then the fan boy in me will come out and dream of winning out and calculating playoff scenarios. Happens way to often.

Win out and do what if you eek into playoffs?? No brainer for me, season was lost before it started

What would winning one more game this season -- or even all of them -- accomplish?

And here's an even better question -- what did going 10-6 and making the playoffs last season accomplish?

what did going 11-5 and making the playoffs accomplish?

The goal of NFL football is to win the Super Bowl. Can't accomplish that sitting at home for playoffs. I guess some people are just fine with landing some decent draft picks every god damn year.

Never vote for loosing as it creates a culture of loosing that the draft can't fix. Look at the Browns.

Yea, let's lose out, so that we can continue to be the laughing stock team that Miami never was in the 70s, 80s, and 90s (Because there was no way a Shula team would ever tank a season), but hey, we will get a higher draft pick that everyone here that wants to lose out will then bitch about when the pick is huge miss by T-Baum and his handpicked puppet.

Back
Top Bottom