Do you welcome him back? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Do you welcome him back?

FlyingElvis

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hypothetical...

RW changes his mind, he wants to come back. Do fans welcome him back with open arms? How about his teamates? I realize it depends on how soon. Today he may be welcome back, 3 months from now is a different story. Whats the deal? Has he burned all bridges?

FlyingElvis said:
Hypothetical...

RW changes his mind, he wants to come back. Do fans welcome him back with open arms? How about his teamates? I realize it depends on how soon. Today he may be welcome back, 3 months from now is a different story. Whats the deal? Has he burned all bridges?
Bottom line is that you don't win Super Bowls with guys like this playing key roles on your team. That's not a knock on Ricky. I just don't want him back.

Id say if he reports to camp within the month with a sincere apology and notes that he will retire following the season that fans and teamates will welcome him back.. Im sure there wont be some lovefest, but they will welcome him.. After that point, I doubt it..

No...he is damaged goods...

you simply couldn't count on him...kind of like the Raider's Barret Robbins who was just released. Furthermore, if he wanted to come back I would prevent him for ever playing for another team again...just like the Lions did with Barry whats his name.

I know if McNabb pulled the same BS here in Philly and tried to come back, he'd get booed out of the stadium. I don't want him, unless he can be the piss boy:evil:

FlyingElvis said:
Hypothetical...

after you read this article, you will see this thread seems worthless though :)

Read Here

"You can't understand how free I feel," Williams told the Herald in a cell phone interview July 24 before boarding a plane in Hawaii and heading to Asia to begin several months of travel.

Long ambivalent about life in the sports spotlight, Williams said there's no chance he'll change his mind, and he plans to file his retirement papers with the NFL on July 26 or 27. He told coach Dave Wannstedt of his decision July 23 and said Wannstedt tried to persuade him to reconsider

I'd welcome him back with open arms. Only to bring him in closer in order to then bodyslam his @$$ then follow with a numbing elbow drop, a swift kick, then walk away like Ike turner. Selfish bastard.

RHoffman said:
you simply couldn't count on him...kind of like the Raider's Barret Robbins who was just released. Furthermore, if he wanted to come back I would prevent him for ever playing for another team again...just like the Lions did with Barry whats his name.
BTW love your Smarty Pic. Warminster Pa, spent half my life there...

Fintox:

That's a cute kid in the sig..how old is yours?

Femalefinfan...where in Filthydelphia are you?...I'm in a suburb of Philly.

well after i read this :D, i have to say, i dunno what to say, IF it would happen

Femalefinfan...

The horse is actually not Smarty...but taken of a horse from the famous GoDolphin stables...I took it at Saratoga race track...in New York...which is a phenomenal trip by the way.

I'm still waiting to find out this was a big joke perpetrated by a radio station or something. But since it appears that's not the case, no, I would not welcome Ricky back. Anyone who can do this to his teammates, coaches, and fans and not even feel the least bit bad about it isn't worth the time and trouble. And If I were Speilman, I wouldn't rush into making a deal for another RB. Wait it out. If worst comes to worst, we'll get by with Minor/Henry this year and see what's doing in FA and the draft. We've already traded too many picks over the years.

good point at the end, especially with Shaun Alexander, Edgerrin James and Travis Henry becoming Free Agents

RHoffman said:
That's a cute kid in the sig..how old is yours?

Femalefinfan...where in Filthydelphia are you?...I'm in a suburb of Philly.
He looks like Smarty.
I'm in a suburb too. Huntingdon Valley Montco. 5 miles from Warminster...

Back
Top Bottom