Does anybody still like Jeff Ireland? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does anybody still like Jeff Ireland?

I am also still in his corner. This roster still has Tuna leftovers and we really don't know how much input Ireland had in those decisions. That being said next years draft and FA period will go a long way towards defining him. Can he now identify WC players or not?

LOL @ the few defending him saying he is in rebuilding mode and it will work out. We've been rebuilding since Marino left. One good season with the easiest schedule of that year means nothing.

So it's his fault for the 7 previous years how wasn't here? Jimmy Johnson get's a pass? Rick Speilman? Bill Parcells?

No Ireland inherited this ****. Ireland wasn't responsible for Pat ****ing White.

I would say the players he passed up on has proven him right. No GM bats 100% on their drafts. NONE.

And the biggest issue for our teams was firing coaches every few years.

But then fans don't have the patience to actually build something.

No matter who the GM is next year. We have 50 mil in cap space and maybe another top 10 pick. Gonna be a fun off season.

I can understand the people who want to give him a chance and not condemn him quite yet, but is there anybody out there who actually likes the guy based on performance so far?

I supported the guy until 2 weeks ago. I based that his drafts have been improving IMO and he does a good job of not over or underspending in the FA market. Those first 2 years of his tenure in FA with Parcells were not very good. His last draft had more sizzle to it. I blamed some of the decisions and results on both Tony Sporano and Bill Parcells from the draft to the performance of the players drafted. I cannot blame Ireland for how the groceries he purchases get cooked.
Why I turned 2 weeks ago if Ireland is now absolutly at the top of the food chain in Miami and all decisions fall on him from personell to the coaching going on because Ireland chose all of them. Currently I believe Philbin and his staff is looking like a dud and I blame that on Ireland. Hope I am wrong but they have just looked very bad and its not all on the talent on the field as many want to blame it is the talent behind the headset that is not up to par so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
So it's his fault for the 7 previous years how wasn't here? Jimmy Johnson get's a pass? Rick Speilman? Bill Parcells?

No Ireland inherited this ****. Ireland wasn't responsible for Pat ****ing White.

I would say the players he passed up on has proven him right. No GM bats 100% on their drafts. NONE.

And the biggest issue for our teams was firing coaches every few years.

But then fans don't have the patience to actually build something.

Ireland must be batting 0 then. Ireland traded away our best offensive player in Brandon Marshall. I have no problem with trading Marshall the problem I have is he didn’t replace the talent we lost. Are we putting Tannehill in a position to succeed with the WR's we have?

Answer-NO…..who does that fall on… IRELAND

Is Jeff Ireland's job to draft players and organize the roster and talent while concurring with the coaches?
If that's the case, how do you think our talent level is compared to other teams?
IMO, we are lacking talent in all areas. I don't think we are deep in any area.
Who are our playmakers?

1253886001_officeno-1.gif

Back
Top Bottom