Does anybody still like Jeff Ireland? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does anybody still like Jeff Ireland?

I'll let you know if I like him or not after the season is over. Not looking too good as of right now.

I dont have a problem with Ireland...

This post is like when gay rights activists tried to have a kiss in at chick filla and instead the evil republicans organized a support chick filla day instead and chick filla's support and sales sky rocketed for just one day as a protest to the protest.

I will never ever agree with the Vontae trade, but all in all, yeah I like him as a GM. He perfected cap budgeting. I always hated how Spielman, Millen and Wanstach spent everything to just end up with nothing. It was a huge pet peeve of mine in the past years. You can sign all the free agents in the world for a 1 year run(Jets) or stand pat and draft your players for long term runs(Pats), point is none of this will make the fans happy; unless you're actually winning. I like the way he goes about handling the free agency period, never over spending on overrated players with bloated asking prices. He usually picks up cheaper options just for depth. Also he is actually a pretty good drafting GM. People have to step back and look at the success rate in the draft for the entire league, it's just not that good. Look at the Pats drafts the past 2 years.. Name me a star from those lasts 2 drafts. I'l wait.....

The media is a HUGE part of why the tenures being with 1 team for coaches, GM's and players have shortened. People read their dribble and get in line to lynch whoever the media is bashing or blaming. We don't even let a player develop anymore. I've already read plenty of comments saying RT is a bust and that Philbin isn't the right coach. Dude we haven't even started the season yet.. I don't know if Ireland will get another year after this, but I think he should because he's a very solid GM, imo.

Bad drafter, horrible pro scouting job, lazy, bad person, clueless, outdated philosophy, worst GM in the NFL.

So it's his fault for the 7 previous years how wasn't here? Jimmy Johnson get's a pass? Rick Speilman? Bill Parcells?

No Ireland inherited this ****. Ireland wasn't responsible for Pat ****ing White.

I would say the players he passed up on has proven him right. No GM bats 100% on their drafts. NONE.

And the biggest issue for our teams was firing coaches every few years.

But then fans don't have the patience to actually build something.
Jimmy Johnson in 4 drafts - Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor, Sam Madison, Patrick Surtain, Daryl Gardener, Karim Abdul-Jabbar, Stanley Pritchet, Shawn Wooden, Kenny Mixon, Lorenzo Bromell...all of which started at least one game and I might be missing a few...also Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor, Sam Madison, Patrick Surtain are all pro bowlers. What does Ireland have in 5 drafts? Jake Long.

No GM bats .1000 but Ireland is a terrible talent evaluator.

I have mixed feelings but if he doesn't start getting talent on this team and stop giving it away, he's done in my book

I want to wait until the end of the season to decide, and I guess that is the point for Ross to decide too. I want to judge him on this past draft as it is the first one without the influence of Parcells or Sparano, I think both have been huge negative influences but nobody can say for sure. I'm a bit angry/disappointed that we lost BJ to the Eagles and that Kaddu could only make the PS, but at the minute this past draft is the best we have had in a long long time and there must be a reason for that. Whether the credit goes to Philbin for steering Ireland in the right direction or if between the two of them and the scouting staff the drafting has suddenly improved, I don't really care but certainly for me things are looking up. We have finally drafted a QB in the 1st round who could be the real deal, Martin has improved greatly from the first preseason game, Egnew is a development project, Vernon could be good, Miller could be an impact player, and Matthews and Randall both have potential. Obviously it takes a few years to judge a draft but this one is looking good.

Back
Top Bottom