Does Anybody Want Starks Back at a Reduced Salary | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Anybody Want Starks Back at a Reduced Salary

I never really wanted to get rid of him but also didn't want miami to pay him what he is was getting so I would love him at a cheaper price

Half his original salary $2.5 a year sure.

Give him a 2 year $5, $2.5 guaranteed. DT position is a wrap. No need to draft.

Suh
Mitchell
Starks
Johnson
Francis

i like starks and thank him for everything he has done for us. it was fun... but i think its time to move on with our depth and youth, hopefully should draft a DT as well.

but if we did a very cheap one year, i wouldnt complain

For the right contract we should bring him back imo. He was lined up out of position last year, just put him next to King Kong and he will be awesome. Out d-line will be scary.

Starks seems like the kind of guy that if he had to play at a reduced rate he would phone it in because he felt unappreciated. Let him flip another team off

I would take him for $3M, 1yr deal.

Suh plays about 80% of snaps and Mitchell will play about 50%. With our tendency to put a third speed rusher inside on passing downs, that doesn't leave many snaps for a guy like Starks. Besides, we have two young cheap tackles we've been redshirting, and it's time to take the training wheels off and see what they can do in a backup role.

I really don't know about Starks' attitude. Every time he's approached FA he's put on this front like he can't wait to get away from this team then he always winds up returning. It also seemed like he really didn't give a **** last year. Coaches should have a better read on it then we do. That would be my only problem with bringing him back on a cheap contract.

I defintely don't! I've watched him literally just stand there and not try too many times for my liking.

I don't get how people keep saying next to Suh is uncertain... Mitchel is there. He did a good job last year. Behind those 2 we have young hungry guys that have contributed in Francis and Johnson. I like the potential in both of those young guys. Johnson was supposed to be a 2nd round pick, but he fell undrafted. Add another late rounder or undrafted guy and we'll be fine.

Dont you guys want to see what we finally have in Francis and Johnson? I would bring him back if there was a injury but otherwise i am not losing sleep over it.

DT is the deepest position on the team? Can Starks play guard?

Back
Top Bottom