Does anyone question the hiring of Saban? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does anyone question the hiring of Saban?

Phin-o-rama

FinHeaven VIP
Club Member
Reaction score
I didn't know much about the guy prior to him coming here. I do remember at the end of the 2003 season when people were callin for dave's head that some were throwing his name around along with stoops and tice and others.

Anyways the point of this thread is to see if any people (i know there were some) that still question going after nick. I saw few, if any, people totally opposed to him, but the type of coach he is and pretty much everything he's done since he got here couldn't have been any better.

Due to the awesome new Fins Insider thing off the main site we are given a whole lot more access to things like daily pc's and stuff and this guy's approach to the game and everything involved is awesome. I realize that we aren't going to win the superbowl this year but there is no doubt in my mind that we will be competing for it soon. thanks to nick for coming to miami . so anyone not think he was the best man for the job?

edit: and if you caught his pc today the line about "oh yeah and we won't win in new york because the statue of liberty will curse us" killed me :lol: thats not an exact quote but it was hilarious.

Absolutely not, I have full faith in Saban and it will take alot of questionable moves to change that!

I'm not sold on his ability to game plan just yet. I believe his in game adjustments still need work on. But in terms of orginizational abilities I think he's great. We'll be under the cap in a big way next year. He seems to motivate our players. He could get a little more aggressive on offense and defense but maybe he doesn't trust the players this year. We had a good draft. I dont agree with all his personnel decisions but by next year this will be pretty close to 100% his players and he does seem to bring in good quality players

adamprez2003 said:
I'm not sold on his ability to game plan just yet. I believe his in game adjustments still need work on. But in terms of orginizational abilities I think he's great. We'll be under the cap in a big way next year. He seems to motivate our players. He could get a little more aggressive on offense and defense but maybe he doesn't trust the players this year. We had a good draft. I dont agree with all his personnel decisions but by next year this will be pretty close to 100% his players and he does seem to bring in good quality players

the fact that he gameplans to make adjustments is impressive. i swear dave never faultered from the plan EVER. considering what he walked into here what can u honestly blame the guy for. he's got me ready to strap on the pads! :fire:

:rofl3:

Phin-o-rama said:
I didn't know much about the guy prior to him coming here. I do remember at the end of the 2003 season when people were callin for dave's head that some were throwing his name around along with stoops and tice and others.

Anyways the point of this thread is to see if any people (i know there were some) that still question going after nick. I saw few, if any, people totally opposed to him, but the type of coach he is and pretty much everything he's done since he got here couldn't have been any better.

Due to the awesome new Fins Insider thing off the main site we are given a whole lot more access to things like daily pc's and stuff and this guy's approach to the game and everything involved is awesome. I realize that we aren't going to win the superbowl this year but there is no doubt in my mind that we will be competing for it soon. thanks to nick for coming to miami . so anyone not think he was the best man for the job?

Tice??? Who the heck was ever throwing his name around here? :rofl3:

i never questioned it, He was the most coveted College coach for years and we got him he is way above Spurrier and them and smarter then Tice

Phin-o-rama said:
the fact that he gameplans to make adjustments is impressive. i swear dave never faultered from the plan EVER. considering what he walked into here what can u honestly blame the guy for. he's got me ready to strap on the pads! :fire:

:rofl3:

When compared to Wannstedt My 84 year old grandma game plans better. I try not to use Dave as a benchmark for how I feel about a coach's abilities. I honestly think givena year or two of nfl seasoning Saban could be a top 5 coach. I would say that even this early he's somewhere between 20-10 which to me is a phenomenal statement about his potential. :)

I knew almost nothing about him prior to his hiring. For as much pro football I watch, I see very little of college football. I heard a lot of good things, from not only LSU fans, but some of the more reputable people on this board. Ever since the first day he came on board I've been totally sold on his approach. I like everything that comes out of his mouth, which I'm so completely not used to as a Dolphins fan. It's a good feeling to have 100% confidence in your head coach. Getting Nick on Christmas made it that much more of a gift.

Saban is a bust! Let's trade him for a first rounder! :tongue: :jk:

Seriously, since Saban has become our coach I actually feel that this franchise has a bright future. I know he isn't perfect, but he has done as good of a job as anyone could have in a short amount of time. I just wish he would've gotten here a few years earlier, so we didn't have to put up with Wanny.

saban has always been looked at as a pro coach who just happened to be the coach of a college team. he'll be great

I like the hiring. I just feel he's only comfortable with maybe about 60% of the guys on our team. He doesn't have "his" team assembled yet. Not to mention..how long do you think Saban will be a HC in the NFL? I didn't realize till a little while ago he was already 53. Seems kind of old to me to just start out as a HC. I could be wrong though because I don't know the avg age of NFL coaches.

clear.gif

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Back
Top Bottom