Does Buchanon trade help with Surtain?

Nublar7

Retired
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Phillip Buchanon was just traded to the Houston Texans for their 2nd AND 3rd round picks in Saturday's draft. Now, does the large compensation price put pressure on the Chiefs to give up their 2nd pick?

3P

I believe I can fly!
Reaction score
I'd say yes.... Surtain > Buchannon

Certainly makes the Chiefs look stupid for only offering a 4th

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
I think so, although I have to wonder if the Chiefs aren't immediately phoning the Texans and inquiring about Aaron Glenn.

Duane Starks went for a late 3rd. Buchanon went for a 2nd and a 3rd. And the Chiefs are going to offer only a 4th for Surtain? I don't think so. This might be a relief for Peterson, because he really dug himself into a ditch to where he was going to look like he caved if he gave up the 2nd rounder for Surtain. But now, he could say listen, that's what the going rate was. He could focus on the positive and say Surtain is a better player than Buchanon, and they got him cheaper.

Nublar7

Retired
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
ckparrothead said:
I think so, although I have to wonder if the Chiefs aren't immediately phoning the Texans and inquiring about Aaron Glenn.

Duane Starks went for a late 3rd. Buchanon went for a 2nd and a 3rd. And the Chiefs are going to offer only a 4th for Surtain? I don't think so. This might be a relief for Peterson, because he really dug himself into a ditch to where he was going to look like he caved if he gave up the 2nd rounder for Surtain. But now, he could say listen, that's what the going rate was. He could focus on the positive and say Surtain is a better player than Buchanon, and they got him cheaper.
The only thing going in the Chiefs favor is that Surtain's contract is bigger, but other then that we deserve the 46th pick.

DOLFANMIKE

NFL'S WINNINGEST TEAM
Reaction score
Nublar7 said:
Phillip Buchanon was just traded to the Houston Texans for their 2nd AND 3rd round picks in Saturday's draft. Now, does the large compensation price put pressure on the Chiefs to give up their 2nd pick?
Just a thought i'm having, but why would houston offer a 2nd and 3rd for Buchanon when they could have just offered us a 2nd and got Surtain? Cap alone?

Muck

Now completely imaginary
Hammered
Reaction score
If KC passes on Surtain and doesn't come away with an elite CB in the draft, King Carl will be crucified by the fans. And rightfully so.

phunwin

The name's Bond...James Bond.
Reaction score
I think it helps us not only in market value, but also in the fact that there's now one less good corner on the market. Not that the Raiders would have been likely to trade Buchanon to the Chiefs, but teams like Washington and Arizona now have to cross Buchanon off their lists.

Top Bottom