Does Buchanon trade help with Surtain? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Buchanon trade help with Surtain?

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Phillip Buchanon was just traded to the Houston Texans for their 2nd AND 3rd round picks in Saturday's draft. Now, does the large compensation price put pressure on the Chiefs to give up their 2nd pick?

I'd say yes.... Surtain > Buchannon

Certainly makes the Chiefs look stupid for only offering a 4th

I think so, although I have to wonder if the Chiefs aren't immediately phoning the Texans and inquiring about Aaron Glenn.

Duane Starks went for a late 3rd. Buchanon went for a 2nd and a 3rd. And the Chiefs are going to offer only a 4th for Surtain? I don't think so. This might be a relief for Peterson, because he really dug himself into a ditch to where he was going to look like he caved if he gave up the 2nd rounder for Surtain. But now, he could say listen, that's what the going rate was. He could focus on the positive and say Surtain is a better player than Buchanon, and they got him cheaper.

ckparrothead said:
I think so, although I have to wonder if the Chiefs aren't immediately phoning the Texans and inquiring about Aaron Glenn.

Duane Starks went for a late 3rd. Buchanon went for a 2nd and a 3rd. And the Chiefs are going to offer only a 4th for Surtain? I don't think so. This might be a relief for Peterson, because he really dug himself into a ditch to where he was going to look like he caved if he gave up the 2nd rounder for Surtain. But now, he could say listen, that's what the going rate was. He could focus on the positive and say Surtain is a better player than Buchanon, and they got him cheaper.
The only thing going in the Chiefs favor is that Surtain's contract is bigger, but other then that we deserve the 46th pick.

Nublar7 said:
Phillip Buchanon was just traded to the Houston Texans for their 2nd AND 3rd round picks in Saturday's draft. Now, does the large compensation price put pressure on the Chiefs to give up their 2nd pick?
Just a thought i'm having, but why would houston offer a 2nd and 3rd for Buchanon when they could have just offered us a 2nd and got Surtain? Cap alone?

If KC passes on Surtain and doesn't come away with an elite CB in the draft, King Carl will be crucified by the fans. And rightfully so.

I think it helps us not only in market value, but also in the fact that there's now one less good corner on the market. Not that the Raiders would have been likely to trade Buchanon to the Chiefs, but teams like Washington and Arizona now have to cross Buchanon off their lists.

Back
Top Bottom