Does Clarett entering draft affect our pick?/The Draft May Be Entirely Different Now | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Clarett entering draft affect our pick?/The Draft May Be Entirely Different Now

bigmiamifan

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Does Clarett entering draft affect our pick?

I can't believe this lying criminal is not in jail but if he does go into the draft, does that push anyone down? Assuming of course, he's a first rounder and does not return to school.

he will not be a first rounder.
I believe he will go back to Ohio State another year first, and NOT enter the draft.

why would he do this and not leave school :confused:

all this does is push everyone else on the board below him down, but I have not heard he w/b a 1st rder

For what it's worth.. Kiper is on ESPN News right now and said that he sees Clarett as a 2nd rounder.

Ok, wasn't sure. I know some of the WRs we wanted may be taken before #20, so I was curious if some would move down after this.

No way in hell is he ever playing for the Buckeyes again. Why would he go through the trouble to sue the NFL and then go back and play at Ohio State. Even if he did try i dont think the NCAA would let him play and he couldnt sue them about it.

Originally posted by Brad528
No way in hell is he ever playing for the Buckeyes again. Why would he go through the trouble to sue the NFL and then go back and play at Ohio State. Even if he did try i dont think the NCAA would let him play and he couldnt sue them about it.

I'm just saying what I hear. I live in Columbus and know several players. Maurice still claims he wants to be a Buckeye next year. Whether Tressel wants him back or not is the main problem. He claims his FIRST choice is to be a Buckeye again next year. He challenged the NFL ruling because he thought he was basically done here and didn't want to sit out yet another season if he transferred.

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
um, he did win

you are right. i didnt read ESPN as i usually do this morning. ESPN has a poll when should your favorite team should draft him. 37.6% voted "not al all". I'm one of those ppl that voted not at all also.

back to the subject, i doubt he will affect us during draft day. like JS55 said, he is unproven talent, plus would a team risk taking him esp with all the new allegations? Then again, this is the NFL, you just never know. I think he will go in the 2nd round or early 3rd the latest.

I think he's garbage. The defense was the star of that national title team. That team reminded me a lot of New England how they always seemed to win no matter what and they just didn't ever look good in doing it. I guess you just say it was their year. Anyways, no way he is a 1st round talent at this stage, one year on a national title team with 21 other starters and he didn't stay healthy either. In my opinion he is over hyped and he only sued to get a chance to play if OSU doesn't take him back. It's well known he wants to return to OSU.

Agreed.

Originally posted by Brad528

I don't think it makes any sense for him to go through all this trouble and expense suing the NFL and then returning to school. He will be drafted. It's a shame. I really thought it was over with when Tagliabue made his announcement.

I guess we'll see and hear much more.

He's pretty much stuck with the NFL decision at this point based upon this ruling. A lot of people (at least most of the guys on PTI) have the Patsies taking him at the end of the first round. I personally don't see that happening but it could.

I hope the Patsies take this guy however, he's exactly what they need: an injury prone, inexperienced running back who can't make up his mind (indecisiveness is always a great trait for RB's :rolleyes: ) and has a piss poor attitude; he'd be great over there!

The Draft May Be Entirely Different Now

With the Clarett ruling it is all but a foregone conclusion that underclassmen will be allowed to enter the NFL draft. For those of you not familiar with the process, the only thing that can halt Clarett from proceeding would be if a stay order is issued barring the ruling from taking place and, if you know anything about the American Judiciary, you know that it is a rare instance indeed that a stay is issued when there aren't agregious legal missteps in the lower courts decisions. As a rule, the lower court's ruling stands until it is thus proven that it should not and, in this case, there is no way the appelate process goes concludes before the NFL draft and even when it does, the NFL essentially has no legal standing upon which to base its appeal and will therefore ultimately lose this case despite its protests.

With that said, you now have Clarett entering the draft but others may well follow. Consider Mike Williams for a minute: Here's a WR with an NFL body, NFL hands, and NFL speed who would almost certainly be a high first round pick should he chose to declare himself eligible. Right now he's a sophomore and, under the old rules, would not be eligible to enter the draft, but as of right now, he is.

There are several others who may well be interested in making the leap this year however I'm too tired to look up who they might be at this very moment.

At any rate, this ruling could well change the face of the entire draft as there are at least a couple of underclassmen who are talented enough to actually be considered top 20 picks. Assuming a couple of them actually make the leap, the 'Fins' shot at Rivers- or whomever it is they're targeting at #20- just got better. In addition, this could have some residual effect on other teams' interest in signing Ogun (although I'm too tired to figure out exactly how at this moment but I believe some connection does exist.)

At any rate, this draft just got a WHOLE lot more interesting!
:jawdrop:

Back
Top Bottom