Does Clarett entering draft affect our pick?/The Draft May Be Entirely Different Now | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Clarett entering draft affect our pick?/The Draft May Be Entirely Different Now

I doubt anyone wastes a 1st rounder on this chump, unless the Pats take a flyer at the end of 1.

As for other true sophs, etc. I don't think that many of them will jump because they are not as dumb as Clarett and understand that the physical limitations sometimes outweight the cash money situation.

You mods are merge happy. I started a thread that had very little to do with the one with which you merged it. Please un-merge this thing.

I was listeneing to espn radio this morning

With Mike Golic and Mike Greenberg, they made an interesting point. WHich I agree with. They think it's great and long overdue that the rule has been challenged and been broken. What will probably see is a influx of underclassmen try to make the jump but it will calm down after a few years when these underclassment realize that they don't have the physical attributes or development to play on the next level. Of course there will be your few exceptions, but for the most part the CFL and AFL will see an influx of rejects who decided to leave early and didn't catch on in the NFL.

Another thing, our roster spots are so limited and coveted that there wont be any youth grooming like in the NBA, so the only real affect it will have is on college recruiting.

btw, I don't know if he was shucking and jiving, but Mo Clarrett did say that he wanted to return to OSU, but he still intended to fight the ruling because it needs to be broken.. or something to that effect.

I just know he's gonna have some serious weight and expectations to live up to because of what he's done.

Maybe the Bills will take him in round 1 and leave Rivers for us.

The Pats would be wiser to take Greg Jones of F.S.U. Tough as nails, well Coached and something like zero body fat. This guy can catch the ball and is tough in the Redzone. I hope the Pats DON'T get him.

Originally posted by BSQX4
The Pats would be wiser to take Greg Jones of F.S.U. Tough as nails, well Coached and something like zero body fat. This guy can catch the ball and is tough in the Redzone. I hope the Pats DON'T get him.

I have not figured out why everyone is so high on G. Jones. Sure the guy's a beast but he only has mediocre speed, he doesn't have great vision, and he doesn't have great moves. Sure he has great hands, great blocking ability and, again, the guy is huge but, last time I checked, that was the formula for a great FB, not a great half back.

See this confuses me about Greg Jones, people talk about his Great Hands, but at the Senior Bowl, people were saying he didn't have good hands.....??:huh: However, he did have some pretty good runs that day.

Originally posted by Lukin
See this confuses me about Greg Jones, people talk about his Great Hands, but at the Senior Bowl, people were saying he didn't have good hands.....??:huh: However, he did have some pretty good runs that day.

I haven't really watched him but I've heard that he has really good hands. I could be wrong though.

well i think its obvious calrett will not go in the first 3 rounds if he goes in a round at all. at least that is what im predicting. he is a HUGE gamble for any team. young, no football workouts in a year, and a year w/o any playing what so ever. and why would a team gamble on a runningback when there are plenty of good running backs that come in each and every draft. and great running backs come in every 2-3 years. remember, the same year clarett played larry johnson ran for over 2000 yards at penn state. people attributed that to the poor run defense in the big 10. being a studnet at a big 10 school now i can agree with that. if the dolphins even look at clarett i will denounce them as my favorite team for the 04-05 season. we have much larger issues to address than the rb situation.

Back
Top Bottom