Does Dennis Green have "Off" the field problems? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Dennis Green have "Off" the field problems?

Originally posted by unclemonty
Bill Cowher, who is married, had a child with his secretary. Must be something with coaches and their secretaries huh!!!
where are you getting this?? ive never heard of this before..

"Him and Cowher hug a lot and I think at least once on the sideline one gave the other a European-style man-to-man cheek kiss, and from this has spun this urban legend about Kordell being gay."

If only it were that. It acutally came about because some Steelers fans hate to lose and need to get a life that involves more than the black and gold. Some fans started the Kordell gay rumor after less than a great season a few years back. The next year, another Super Bowl-less season for the Steelers, a rumor was started that Bill Cowher had gotten an African-American secretary in the Steelers front-office pregnant and that his wife threw him out of the house and he was living at Three Rivers Stadium. This rumor was repeated MORE OFTEN than the kordell gay rumor - and was sworn to be true by many people, people who could not accept that the Steelers were not going to and winning Super Bowls. I had people that I knew for years, and thought had common sense, and THOUGHT that I respected, tell me that both rumors were true. WELL GUESS WHAT: Both were false and disproven many times, and many different ways.

Steeler fans can be the best around when the team is winning. But when they are losing, they need a scape-goat. And they don't let the facts get in the way of who they blame.

yeah, i didnt think so..
seems these steeler fans are worse than the dolfans.. at least we dont claim that wanny got miriam oliphant pregnant.

Has anybody dug up the Dennis Green flashing his pecker to a secretary story? Or is it just urban legend from disgruntled Vikings fans?

CRACKSMOKERS OF THE NFL

GREEN, DENNIS
Dennis Earl Green rode into town a decade ago, proclaiming himself "the new sheriff." And with a string of regular-season successes, embarrassing playoff defeats, musical-chair quarterbacks and off-field scandals, the Sheriff certainly kept things poppin' during his topsy-turvy tenure as the fifth head coach in Vikings history. Off-field headlines, playoff disappointments and a controversial autobiography titled "No Room For Crybabies" soon ended the honeymoon. Coupled with the expiration of a General Mills fund that prevented TV blackouts, fan apathy grew as stories of sexual harassment spread. On Super Bowl Sunday 1995, Green's off-field problems first surfaced with reports of a $150,000 out-of-court settlement with a former secretarial intern. She accused Green's closest confidante, assistant coach Richard Solomon, of sexual harassment. An affidavit connected to that case accused Green of improper conduct with another woman whose business worked with the Vikings. A few weeks later, the Star Tribune reported a former Green aide at Stanford, the coach's previous employer, was prepared to amend a wrongful termination complaint and name Green as a sexual harasser. She reached an out-of-court settlement with the school. Meanwhile, Green was divorcing his first wife and went on to marry a former flight attendant from the team's 1992 charter flights, who promptly became his media consultant. When the Star Tribune reported a 1996 sealed case in Hennepin County District Court involved Green and a Twin Cities woman and KSTP-TV reported the case involved the coach paying a woman with whom he'd had a relationship to have an abortion, the team's off-field problems continued to grow. The off-field tumult reached new heights on Oct. 24, 1997 when "No Room for Crybabies" hit the bookstores. In the final chapter, Green hatched his plan to sue the team's board of directors unless they allowed him to purchase a 30-percent controlling interest in the team for $28.2 million. Green, who accused a couple of owners of wooing Lou Holtz to replace him in 1996, called the chapter "a business proposal not a personal attack." But the 10-page passage outraged team owners and prompted NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue to step in and demand the matter be quietly resolved. His relationship with the local media always was acrimonious. Green told Lesley Visser, then of ABC, that he had proof late in the '97 season that three unnamed columnists from the Star Tribune and St. Paul Pioneer Press had met with unnamed Vikings officials to plot a campaign to run him out of town.

http://www.cracksmoker.com/NFL/NFL GreenD.htm

Back
Top Bottom