Does Miami have an answer for the AFC East? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Miami have an answer for the AFC East?

That looks nice but they were 2-0 against Buf when Buf was in the middle of 7 game losing streak and losing 9 of their last 11 and they beat the jets when the Jets had already collapsed and only had the slimmest of margins to get into the playoffs.

Miami still has nice pieces in place, the offseason is long. I would expect when the dust settles Miami will be a 6-8 win type of team w/ a chance to compete for postseason if they get some breaks.

Such detailed thoughts.

3-3 is 3-3.

Think Reggie runs for 200yds without Marshall drawing 2 and 3 defenders?

So how are the Phins going shut down NE and their top-tier TE's? Whose footsteps are going to keep Welker awake at night? Which DL can get in Brady's head and put him on the ground?

Which WR is going to challenge Revis and make his way to pay-dirt? Who is our Jets killer and which of our kick returners that can scorch the opposing special teams and take it to the house? Who is going to go over the middle and can be clutch against Gang Green's LB corps when we need those extra 5 yards?

Who is capable of bottling up the likes of a Fred Jackson and Spiller? Who is our ball-hawk that can intercept Ryan Fitzpatrick when he goes on a tear? Who can match up with Stevie Johnson toe-to-toe and blanket him?

These are things that need to be answered if we are to win just in our own division, let alone a conference or a Super Bowl.

I look back to several weeks ago, and it was funny to see that we were deemed by a few to be just a few pieces away from contending. The harsh reality is it may be time to rebuild, because I am not seeing the answers to most of these questions.

What are the pieces that are going to take us there? I am assuming they will only come from actually hitting on players in the upcoming drafts to fit our system and not necessarily banking on FA to be the answer and forcing a fit or grabbing someone to make a "Splash" out of desperation. The solution is not a 35 year old band-aid in the form of a QB. Its about developing young talent and creating a culture knows it can challenge the best in its division. Honestly I am just looking forward to the draft at this point and hoping this new coach of ours can get the best out of them.

I think our answer is "wait for Brady to retire"

I remember when teams use to build to play the better teams,rebuilding is a fact here now AGAIN...DAMN lol

not really, you have to dig deeper.

No, you don't. You do to further reiterate your point that the Dolphins are a **** team. I'm not saying going 3-3 in the division is the greatest achievement to ever occur but it isn't horrible.

The Jets finished the division the same as the Dolphins with sweeping the Bills, getting swept by NE, and splitting amongst each other. Both teams were average within the division.

No, you don't. You do to further reiterate your point that the Dolphins are a **** team. I'm not saying going 3-3 in the division is the greatest achievement to ever occur but it isn't horrible.

The Jets finished the division the same as the Dolphins with sweeping the Bills, getting swept by NE, and splitting amongst each other. Both teams were average within the division.

No, but the Jets won the game when there was a full moon, which TECHNICALLY is a bigger accomplishment because Sanchez and his receivers had to adjust for the unique magnetic fields that only occur during a full moon.  On the other hand, the Dolphins won on January 1 only because Jets players were out partying on New Years eve (because they're super cool) and Dolphins players were studying hard (because the Jets are their Super Bowl).  Neener.

No, but the Jets won the game when there was a full moon, which TECHNICALLY is a bigger accomplishment because Sanchez and his receivers had to adjust for the unique magnetic fields that only occur during a full moon. On the other hand, the Dolphins won on January 1 only because Jets players were out partying on New Years eve (because they're super cool) and Dolphins players were studying hard (because the Jets are their Super Bowl). Neener.

It's like "Hey, the Dolphins went 6-10 ok? They finished 3-3 in the division. That's all I'm saying".

The response: "I already know your team was below average in 2011 and has been the last few years. Yet I will further diminish their accomplishments by making it seem like winning a game, any game, has less merit depending on at what point you are in the season and how the opponent is playing".

Yeah, the Dolphins are average. Maybe even less than that. If you see an ugly chick, good. You don't need to continue to tell her she's a heffer who will never get laid again. We get it.

Both teams were average period but let's not act like they did a tremendous job to go 3-3 in the division. If the 3-3 included beating Buffalo when Buffalo was playing well that's different.

Both teams were average period but let's not act like they did a tremendous job to go 3-3 in the division. If the 3-3 included beating Buffalo when Buffalo was playing well that's different.

Who the hell is acting like they did a tremendous job? I already said finishing .500 in the division isn't anything more than "not horrible".

For the record it was a Pats fan in here who tried to make us feel better by pointing out we were 3-3 in the division...

So how are the Phins going shut down NE and their top-tier TE's? Whose footsteps are going to keep Welker awake at night? Which DL can get in Brady's head and put him on the ground?

Which WR is going to challenge Revis and make his way to pay-dirt? Who is our Jets killer and which of our kick returners that can scorch the opposing special teams and take it to the house? Who is going to go over the middle and can be clutch against Gang Green's LB corps when we need those extra 5 yards?

Who is capable of bottling up the likes of a Fred Jackson and Spiller? Who is our ball-hawk that can intercept Ryan Fitzpatrick when he goes on a tear? Who can match up with Stevie Johnson toe-to-toe and blanket him?

These are things that need to be answered if we are to win just in our own division, let alone a conference or a Super Bowl.

I look back to several weeks ago, and it was funny to see that we were deemed by a few to be just a few pieces away from contending. The harsh reality is it may be time to rebuild, because I am not seeing the answers to most of these questions.

What are the pieces that are going to take us there? I am assuming they will only come from actually hitting on players in the upcoming drafts to fit our system and not necessarily banking on FA to be the answer and forcing a fit or grabbing someone to make a "Splash" out of desperation. The solution is not a 35 year old band-aid in the form of a QB. Its about developing young talent and creating a culture knows it can challenge the best in its division. Honestly I am just looking forward to the draft at this point and hoping this new coach of ours can get the best out of them.

Ummm, 3 days into FA and no draft yet...useless to comment on what they can or can't do in the AFCE just yet...

Back
Top Bottom