Does Rick Spielman stay on? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Rick Spielman stay on?

NathanHunt said:
Agreed. However, I've never doubted his ability.

Too many stone throwers on this board, unforturnately. They'd rather kill two birds with one stone (Wanny/Rick) instead of doing a little homework and judging the story behind the story.

So many incorrectly assess previous years' results as his. He was only in control last year: the worst offseason in franchise history I might add. But, unlike the coach, he didn't quit. And, he apparently got a big vote of confidence from Saban.

Saban did not draft a QB. I think fans should stand up and recognize the real message. Saban is giving Rick a fair shot. He is allowing Feeley a chance to prove himself and Rick's scouting abilities.

In this day and age, you can't expect to receive more than that.

It's time the fans aligned behind the coach AND the QB. This NEW ERA is not about whining becuase your guy didn't get the start or picked. This is about WINNING. This is about the return to prominence.

I hate to see fans bickering to the point it splits the fan base. Feeley is a gutty kid who has the tools. He just needs time and confidence. Give him the chance, a REAL chance. Give him one WHOLE year without contraversy.

This is a NEW ERA.
I agree completely !!!! ;)

Saban Scouted This Draft..........he Was On His Own Already.saban used his college connections and familiarity to draft the guys he wanted. Speilman is 50/50 in my opinion

NathanHunt said:
... Feeley is a gutty kid who has the tools. He just needs time and confidence. Give him the chance, a REAL chance. Give him one WHOLE year without contraversy.This is a NEW ERA.

Agreed. And some semblance of an OL as well.

I think he stays and goes to " The Saban School of Football". He now has a guy to learn the tricks of the " TRADE" from and I think down the road he will be a great help to our team. I think if Saban wanted him gone, he would have hit the door the first day. What his title will be matters not. The only real title on this team that matters is Head Coach!

Scott O' Brien wasn't hired to do what Spielman was doing. They will work together to formulate draft plans. Rick won't have overall control and it will probably never come out in the media what his role is suffice to say that he will absolutely stay on, he had a big part in the weekend's success and no matter what the majority of dopes think, he is a hard working talent evaluator who knows what he is doing. People slagging off the Feeley trade don't realise how ridiculous they sound. If in 2 years time he hasn't developed, then so be it, but on the evidence of 5/6 starts including one that beat the Patriots, people can suddenly see how good he's going to be? Ridiculous.

Speilman stays and carries on the excellent job he's been doing.

Boomer said:
Scott O' Brien wasn't hired to do what Spielman was doing. They will work together to formulate draft plans. Rick won't have overall control and it will probably never come out in the media what his role is suffice to say that he will absolutely stay on, he had a big part in the weekend's success and no matter what the majority of dopes think, he is a hard working talent evaluator who knows what he is doing. People slagging off the Feeley trade don't realise how ridiculous they sound. If in 2 years time he hasn't developed, then so be it, but on the evidence of 5/6 starts including one that beat the Patriots, people can suddenly see how good he's going to be? Ridiculous.

Speilman stays and carries on the excellent job he's been doing.
:yeahthat:

:0wned:

As long as Mr. Saban is the ringleader, we should have a bright future.

Oh so Jason Cole said it , well then its a lock !

Jnaledu3 said:
Spielman will go soon. Jason Cole even said so a few minutes ago. Good riddance.

Jason Cole knows about as much with regards to the internal workings of the Miami Dolphins as I do about the inner workings of a testicle.

There are always those who prefer...

to throw the baby out with the bath water. Most of them are a few synapses short of any semblance of logical thought, and/or are only capable of reacting with their gonads. Some just don't like Rick. Others are incapable of separating Wannstedt and Spielman - to them they are joined at the hip. To be honest, I think Rick stays, and gets a chance to prove his value to Saban. It is not his fault the team was in the position it was last year - that was Wayne's, Wanny's, and Weed's. And there is probably no linear thought process which would be used to describe the tangled morass which the leadership of the Dolphins was last year. In fact, I would love to have the chance to really pick the brains of the team in place last year - it may well be that the only stable influence over the Phins last year may have been Spielman. Having been in an organization undergoing some of those struggles in the past, what is "obviously" wrong is not always the real problem.

Back
Top Bottom