Does Ricky Stay or Go? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Ricky Stay or Go?

I think we hold on to him because we wouldn't be able to get anything in return for him.

popularwar said:
Yet! if he produces a lot this season he'll be on the trade block quick!

I wouldn't get my hopes up on teams forming a line outside Davie to begin bidding for Ricky's services.

Until he retires again, Miami is the only team that stands to gain from Ricky Williams.

Trading for Ricky also demands drafting or signing another RB as a safety net. People are forgetting Ricky must still serve his 4 game suspension. From this point forward, Ricky will be tested up to 10 times per month. If he fails ONE test, he's automatically suspended for a year.

Let's not forget Ricky has openly stated he has "4,000" yards left in him. So, he's basically admitted how much longer he wants to play. (until he reaches 10,000 yards) That equates to 2 years of Elite production, 3 years of above average production or 4 years of average production. Now, let's subtract this year with Miami from those numbers.

Who do you think will trade a 3rd round pick for a player who might be suspended for a year after 1 failed test and might give them 2 - 3 years of production?

There's too many if's and maybe's. Ricky will retire a Dolphin. And he will save Ronnie Brown valuable miles on his tires the first few years.

For me, there's no question, Ricky will retire (again) a Dolphin.

If Ricky has a great year and Ronnie Brown turns out to be a stud, I could see Saban trading Ricky next offseason.

He will stay this year because he will likely have no trade value and plus he can help carry the rock with Brown.

Ronnie will start this season while Ricky serves his 4 game suspension, that's a FACT. Beyond that everyone knows that Ricky has *no trade value* at the "moment."

IMHO Saban has done an excellent job bringing in players & drafting them *with the picks he had*. Remember that with all the trades we have given up under Wanny, Saban actually had little to work with.

With that being said & looking towards the next couple of years, doesn't make sence that Nick needs to look at all options to do whatever he can to *create* them?

Who knows that later this year if a couple of backs go down & Ricky has gained some weight back & is starting to look like the *Ricky of old* that his value will increase & just possibly some team may want to pich him up...

That is a tough one.... it really depends on how the players adjust to him coming back, remember this is a guy who QUIT on his team... I think this will hurt the fins in locker room.... you might have some players who will forgive him, and others who will still be angry at him and won't trust him.

With respects to the front office, Saban is the man who will turn this franchise back to it's glory days. His GM, was at New Orleans and drafted Duce and finally traded Ricky to the fins.

only time will tell....

dave said:
Do you think that the dolphins will keep Ricky or do you think that have other plans for him? Let me know what you think.

He is going to Arizona, or Minnesota.

For this year he stays. He'll get about 300-400 yards as a back up to boost his trade value from 0 to a 3rd or 4th. He's also nice insurance to have.

The only way I see him leaving this year is if a contending team loses their star running back before the trade deadline.

I'm relieved that we drafted Brown...cause now I could care less what happens to Ricky....

Ozzy said:
He is going to Arizona, or Minnesota.
Why would Minnesota want him? They already have a RB who can't stop smoking pot and they have 2-3 other guys that are very talented. The Cardinals on the other hand, well, they shouldn't worry about running the ball because they have some great young receivers.

He stays cuz no one else will give anything good for him.I wish he would get traded.Trade the trader.

Back
Top Bottom