Does Ricky Stay or Go? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does Ricky Stay or Go?

He will stay, but I think he came back just so he can pay back Miami.

Fritz27 said:
Why would Minnesota want him? They already have a RB who can't stop smoking pot and they have 2-3 other guys that are very talented. The Cardinals on the other hand, well, they shouldn't worry about running the ball because they have some great young receivers.

The Cardinals also have Arrington who they are said to love so I don't think they will want Ricky.

I think ricky stays here, for atleast 1 year.

Remember, this is the offseason that likely saw Edge, Alexander, and Henry all available for likely less than a first round pick.

Ricky might be tradeable, but not for much.

dave said:
Do you think that the dolphins will keep Ricky or do you think that have other plans for him? Let me know what you think.

stays this year...goes next year, depending on production.

Fritz27 said:
Why would Minnesota want him? They already have a RB who can't stop smoking pot and they have 2-3 other guys that are very talented. The Cardinals on the other hand, well, they shouldn't worry about running the ball because they have some great young receivers.

The Cardinals have a possible running back for their future in Arrington, then they have no one. That is why they wanted Travis Henry.

Minnesota needs a running back that can stay healthy.

If RW makes the team, which is not guaranteed, he stays until at least next year. About all we could get for him right now is a case of Athlon magazines that everyone is talking about.

fish fan 4 life said:
I dont think he will be traded to anyone but I would like to no what u think we will get for him?

If we included me, I'd take a box of rocks for him, but Saban is the one who must sell his value to other teams. I would say that a team would be willing to part with a third round pick. The one thing is that when it comes to running the ball, he is proven, and any third round pick in a draft is not a proven player. A third round pick could easily end up being a bust. So to get a premier player, for a third rounder, even if for only two years, is not far fetched.

Dolfan4life! said:
If RW makes the team, which is not guaranteed, he stays until at least next year. About all we could get for him right now is a case of Athlon magazines that everyone is talking about.

I tend to agree with this, but I have herd some rumors....

Since I don't want him on this team, I thought I would share them. :D

byroan said:
I think they found one in Fason.

Well, a lot of people thought he had a style that would fit the NFL. But he did have a terrible workout.

He surely is nothing like RW's.

dave said:
Do you think that the dolphins will keep Ricky or do you think that have other plans for him? Let me know what you think.

Ok...

1) RW returns to his old form (after the susp, of course) and spells RB enough during the mid and late season to help keep his legs fresher and give Linehan a few different options on offense. If he is successful at this, stays clean and keeps his head in the game and plays out the season, his value to other teams will be somewhat restored and he could be used as trade bait.

2) the same thing as above, but instead of trading him, Saban and Linehan like success in the backfield with Brown and Williams and he stays on for another year or two, but then Gordon or KJ could be used as trade bait for a potential draft pick or player we might covet.

3) RW can't return to his old form or has issues with the drug testing or is injured in his comeback attempt and still has no value to other teams (as he has no value to other teams now) and we end up cutting him either in TC or when he returns from his injury. In which case, we are still covered with guys like Brown, Gordon, KJ and Morris. I would imagine the wording of the contract if he returns will be pretty specific and allow us to cut our losses to the minimum...

Personally, I have two issues with RW return...One is the contract and how the judgement settlement goes...Steinberg mouthing off about him not playing for the league minimum (as apparently his contract allows us to use) makes no sense to me...He has no value to the team, just potential...but that potential has to be realized and mantained by Ricky IMO, before any additional monies should be paid to him.

The other is his heart...he still hasn't shown [me] any sign that he will have his old desire to play and get back to the dominating, scary RB that he was...Only time will tell on that...

I say that it is most likely that he goes the Minnesota route...

Minny has a big push for this to be *their year*. Doesn't it make sence that if they get deep into the season that they wouldn't want a little insurance at RB?

Would you want to get your boat into the middle of the ocean only to find out that you have a leak? :cry:

Shamboubou said:
Ricky is pretty much a win/win situation. He either comes back and tears it up and runs all over people like he used to do, or he comes back and sucks or gets kicked out because of drugs in which we have Ronnie Brown that is going to come in a and run all over people.

If we do get Ricky back for this season or the next 2 we will have the strongest backfield in the NFL. We will have some very good years ahead of us.

Exactly what I've been saying. You can't lose here your going to have an unstopple backfield or a great draft pick or he's a bust in which case you lose nothing but could gain the best back fieldin the game today that's a gamble I like to take. If he's a bust I've said this before many times and I'll say it again thanks to him Saban is our coach, Ronnie Brown is ours and Fielder is out of here. So if he turns out to be a bust he still really paid dividends. Because we would have probally been good enough to have kept Wanny, Fielder because Wanny still had a year or more left on his contract.

On another note I like your signature Herb Brooks was one of the greatest coaches in my eyes he always did good in the NHL but, what he pulled off at Lake Placid was one of the greatest moments in all of sports history.

Back
Top Bottom