Does this rebuttal represent fans on X? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Does this rebuttal represent fans on X?

Rebuttal of what? Don't know what the point of the article is, but I think X wants his cake and eat it. He got a massive deal only two years ago and now he wants more because he had a great year? And then what, if he has another great year next year he'll want yet another deal? Play out your contract, man.

I support his approach. He doesn't want to be here...

Trade him and be done with it, or look at him sitting on the sidelines sipping Mai Tai's while people are out there humping it out.

Heaven forbid he brings that attitude to the regular season.

If I thought X has the mental and emotional maturity to shift his mindset allowing for a change in attitude, I would want him here.

Nothing I have seen leads me to think he is capable of that. Get the best deal possible and move on.

I support his approach. He doesn't want to be here...

Trade him and be done with it, or look at him sitting on the sidelines sipping Mai Tai's while people are out there humping it out.

Heaven forbid he brings that attitude to the regular season.
Do you support him throwing his teammate under the bus for the whole world to see on IG?

I understand the view of supporting him asking for more.

I don't understand supporting the way he did it

But to each their own.

Rebuttal of what? Don't know what the point of the article is, but I think X wants his cake and eat it. He got a massive deal only two years ago and now he wants more because he had a great year? And then what, if he has another great year next year he'll want yet another deal? Play out your contract, man.
He doesn’t want more.

If X wants more money and we don't want to give it to him and he wants to be traded so be it. I don't even want to weigh in on whether that is reasonable from his perspective given the circumstances or not. What I find distasteful is throwing the team that gave him this lucrative contract and showcased him in the NFL under the bus, and taking his teammate on directly regarding comp. If it were, "I like where I am but I think I should be paid more given my performance" I would be ok. Instead it's bitter, sour and makes me want to move on from him. I hope we get good value and I hope this approach he is taking and his comments is an "X" thing not a Dolphins thing (flashback to Minkah) because the comments are kinda meant to hurt Miami as far as trade value is concerned. as "professional" as he is I see it as thinly veiled scorched earth on his part.

Since he has mentioned respect over and over, certainly playing out another well paid, hopefully healthy season, and revisiting the situation next year with more good faith from the fins side at least, could help with respect. Doing what we agree to do, that warrants respect. Id like to believe some teamate comradery could at least make the situation workabable for all involved if no trade comes, but seems more likely he'll be gone. I'd be tempted to demand a can of Shasta and starburst wrapper from a team for X just to prove a point, it if it wasn't so counter productive to talent acquisition.

2 firsts round picks and see ya! Bengals please make the offer!!!

Do you support him throwing his teammate under the bus for the whole world to see on IG?

I understand the view of supporting him asking for more.

I don't understand supporting the way he did it

But to each their own.
I support his stance on wanting more guaranteed money which is within his contract.

...Who did he throw under the bus?

This is a really basic question but… why can’t we pay him 3 mil more a year for the next two or three years on his deal? We have the cap space. It’s not OUR personal money. Is this just a matter of principle?

Back
Top Bottom