Dolfans make me sick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolfans make me sick

MissMeth

Miss July
Reaction score
So yes i am somewhat of a homer... i admit it and i am proud of it. However i can not tell you enough how sick some dolfans make me!! When the fans started chanting Ronnie Browns name i wanted to throw up!!! :barf: The day before most of these fans were talking about what a bust he was and it was such a bad decision etc. Now im not saying they shouldnt have been cheering for him... i just hate that we are always so fairweather with so much of what the Fins entail. I for one, never boo ANY dolphin no matter who they are or if i like them. I will always give a rookie a full season before i say yah or nay. And i always pick the fins to win (although when i seriously doubt their ability to win i just give them a confidence rank of last). So call me a homer if you want but i am going to enjoy a win without any negative thoughts of a player, coach or the team. I just wish more Dolfans were like that.

I'm kinda new, so excuse my ignorance. What's a Homer?

Anyway, I think that's is the nature of fans across the board. Just wait until Ricky comes back. If he does something good (scores a td, breaks a run, etc.) expect the crowd to go nuts. That's just the nature of many fans. I am proud to say I have never booed anyone. Heck, I can hardly play football on a videogame, nevermind the real thing.

dQbell said:
I'm kinda new, so excuse my ignorance. What's a Homer?

Anyway, I think that's is the nature of fans across the board. Just wait until Ricky comes back. If he does something good (scores a td, breaks a run, etc.) expect the crowd to go nuts. That's just the nature of many fans. I am proud to say I have never booed anyone. Heck, I can hardly play football on a videogame, nevermind the real thing.

a homer is liek when ur team is the best in ur eyes like example Feeley is better than MAnning

MissMeth said:
So yes i am somewhat of a homer... i admit it and i am proud of it. However i can not tell you enough how sick some dolfans make me!! When the fans started chanting Ronnie Browns name i wanted to throw up!!! :barf: The day before most of these fans were talking about what a bust he was and it was such a bad decision etc. Now im not saying they shouldnt have been cheering for him... i just hate that we are always so fairweather with so much of what the Fins entail. I for one, never boo ANY dolphin no matter who they are or if i like them. I will always give a rookie a full season before i say yah or nay. And i always pick the fins to win (although when i seriously doubt their ability to win i just give them a confidence rank of last). So call me a homer if you want but i am going to enjoy a win without any negative thoughts of a player, coach or the team. I just wish more Dolfans were like that.

Well dude thats life and u may be the biggest homaa on the web:lol:

This isn't a sports town like Denver or KC.

Most of the fans don't really understand football. They just have seen Marino highlights, and their expectations or pathetically unrealistic...

MissMeth said:
I'm with you on those feelings.

fairweather fans make me agry as well. when i saw people bashing ronnie on this site i was like...wtf? i mean alex smith was the first pick and he doesnt even play. i loved it when they were chanting ronnies name yesterday...hell i was one of the ones yelling myself. i can see people thinking negativley about players, but it just wasnt fair in ronnies case.

MissMeth said:

Well, at least you got your priorities straight. ;) Oh I agree with your post.

It's just stupid to hate on a rookie because he didn't perform right out of the gate.

Dolfans are jumping on Ronnie's back, because Ronnie's counter part, Carnell Williams is over in Tampa racking up the rushing yards each time out. So naturally, seeing that makes people second guess our pick. I don't buy it, and I think Ronnie will have every opportunity to be as good, or better than Cadillac.

It is quite amazing how all the R.Brown bashers suddenly dissapear when the guy has a good day. But MissMeth, if these are the people you're talking about, you shouldn't consider them Dolfans.. I sure don't.

miss i agreewith you 100 percent.. i tell you what i was at the game and i was telling my gf after a 9 yard run that i hope ronnie brown rushes for 100 yards just to prove to people he is not a bust, and i said that was going to give him confidence.. a couple plays later the guy nexst to us was saying he sucks we shuold i have picked cadillac.. i turned around and toldmy gf about teh cadillac and why people like him so much better.. she said its because our fans dont have faith in our team and dont believe in our players..i said i know and i always cheered for ronnie, never did it cross my mind.. when he broke out that run the same guy was cheering.. its unbelieveable me and my gf were astounded how some so called true die hard dolfans are.. im happy for brown, i think it was more important becuase he will gain tons of confidence after this game.. that can only help him

MissMeth said:

DUDE!!!

How in the world could you possible know that the bulk of those people were bashing him on Saturday?

I wasn't and I was chanting.

Could it be possible that those thousands upon thousands of people back him and truly want him to succeed?

I know my heart stopped for the entirety of that 58 yard run. Its possible that this was the common reaction.

Have some faith and optimism.

The stands were not filed with Finheaven naysayers.

I lost my football pool a few times last year because I picked the Dolphins EVERY game.

MissMeth said:
I also agree with you. It's going to be the same thing when Ricky starts kicking butt again. All the haters will be GONE.

I guess my only thing is.... GO TO THE GAMES!.. We have a great team on the field!..
I live in Toronto Canada wher hockey reigns supreme.. But our team has sold out every game for as long as anyone can remember. When we sucked and couldnt buy a win.. we sold out all the same.

All those in South Florida should try and get to the games and encourage other to too!

Back
Top Bottom