Dolfans may get their wish | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolfans may get their wish

phins_4_ever

E12 FH Tailgate Gang
Reaction score
For years aqua and orange ached and was in pain: good start just to flounder at the end of the season.

For years we were wishing to reverse our fortunes just once. Is it this year?
As December approaches we all wonder once again: what will happen? Will we finish strong finally? Or will we suffer through yet another mediocre December?

Take aside the AFC East division. How would a Dolphins team feel going onto the playoffs (even as a wildcard) with 7 straight wins (3 against top teams, 2 against division rivals, and a total of 4 wins against playoff bound teams) and a 4th quarter comeback included?

Before we started that tough 3 game stretch I predicted a 2-1 record over those 3 weeks. My loss was Dallas. I also stated to hold on to your seat if we would go 3-0 against Dallas, NE and Philly.

Over the last 7 days I saw a few interviews from Dolphins players and coaches and I have not seen so much confidence in their own ability and their chances for the playoffs in a very long time.

Can it be that 2003 is the year where we reverse our fortunes? Keep in mind that none of the superbowl winners and participants over the last 3 years were ripping out trees early in the season.

Dam...is it Sunday yet?

I hope Ricky take it slow the first half starts to pay off in the final run.

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP
the 2000 baltimore ravens were 5-4 at one point and got a shot in the arm from their backup qb
Oakland and Tampa last year started out below .500 (Oakland) and barely over .500 (Tampa). NE started 1-3 the year before.

Originally posted by MacAttack
I hope Ricky take it slow the first half starts to pay off in the final run.

I hope so too. Confidence is up and I hope it's not a let down again this year.

Tampa Bay's OL was horrible last year.....then they magically started blocking people down the stretch. Kinda like our guys have started doing the last 1.5 games. Lets hope. :)

I can't tell you why, but I feel different about this team...they had more adversity this year and less excuses than last year.....It really looks like they have turned the corner.

I really hope this is the year. Hell I thought last year we could do it after we beat Oakland... All we can do it watch and CHEER Loud!

I believe that Miami really hasn't had the expectations to live up to by the media that they have the past 2 years. It is like the media won't give them any credit anymore which will hopefully add fuel to their fire. I hope they take it personally and kick a$$!

Plus, we all remember the Marlins last year. Underdogs to say the least.

Originally posted by Muck
Tampa Bay's OL was horrible last year.....then they magically started blocking people down the stretch. Kinda like our guys have started doing the last 1.5 games. Lets hope. :)

I was wondering how we were going anywhere with the O-line we have. They have played better the last 2 games but I don't know if they can keep it going this is still a big weakness IMO too big to overcome.

Originally posted by FFiB
For years aqua and orange ached and was in pain: good start just to flounder at the end of the season.

For years we were wishing to reverse our fortunes just once. Is it this year?
As December approaches we all wonder once again: what will happen? Will we finish strong finally? Or will we suffer through yet another mediocre December?

Take aside the AFC East division. How would a Dolphins team feel going onto the playoffs (even as a wildcard) with 7 straight wins (3 against top teams, 2 against division rivals, and a total of 4 wins against playoff bound teams) and a 4th quarter comeback included?

Before we started that tough 3 game stretch I predicted a 2-1 record over those 3 weeks. My loss was Dallas. I also stated to hold on to your seat if we would go 3-0 against Dallas, NE and Philly.

Over the last 7 days I saw a few interviews from Dolphins players and coaches and I have not seen so much confidence in their own ability and their chances for the playoffs in a very long time.

Can it be that 2003 is the year where we reverse our fortunes? Keep in mind that none of the superbowl winners and participants over the last 3 years were ripping out trees early in the season.

Dam...is it Sunday yet?

Sooner or later this Dec thing HAS to end. It seems that we may be primed to make it end this year. Sunday will make it alot clearer.

What would be considered a successful December? Unbeaten? 3-1? 2-2?

What if we win them and lose to the Jets in the last game? Let down?

I don't care about anything but the Super Bowl and anything but that, to me, is a letdown.

Originally posted by rickykicks@$$

I was wondering how we were going anywhere with the O-line we have. They have played better the last 2 games but I don't know if they can keep it going this is still a big weakness IMO too big to overcome.

every player in the nfl is talented, or he wouldn't have made it to the highest level. confidence separates the good from the bad and the great from the good...heck, look at the bengals. they may have been the worst team in nfl HISTORY prior to this season, but they got the ball rolling and are now a playoff contender.

i also have my reservations about the o-line(i have been one of their biggest critics), but lately they have played well...and i will continue to believe in them until they prove otherwise :)

Back
Top Bottom