Dolphan Draft Reality? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphan Draft Reality?

I did look and found out that Long was the #44 OG, just behind Jerry, and had negative grades in both the run and pass.

Jordan Miller was more fun. He ranked at #74 of 76 OT's, with a negative grade of 32 in pass blocking, and minus 5.5 on the run. He gave up 62 hurries on the pass. That was worse than Martin and even Columbo.

Great examples. LMAO.

You must have missswed the stats where tehy helped the offence to 27.8 pts per game (8th), or where they opend holes for almost 2k on the ground, and the 4,281 yards through the air they protected on (5th), and an Oline with 2 rookies that only gave up 3o sacks all year (4th). Last time i checked its a team sport and with the supporting cast a team has rookies can start on the OL in the NFL and be succesful.

You must have missswed the stats where tehy helped the offence to 27.8 pts per game (8th), or where they opend holes for almost 2k on the ground, and the 4,281 yards through the air they protected on (5th), and an Oline with 2 rookies that only gave up 3o sacks all year (4th). Last time i checked its a team sport and with the supporting cast a team has rookies can start on the OL in the NFL and be succesful.

The stats you give were in spite of them, not because of them. I asked for rookies who played well individually, and you know that, as well as the examples you gave being dead wrong. Spin it as you like but, you were dead wrong.

Are you using pff ratings for your arguments? Jw :ponder:

Last edited by a moderator:
The stats you give were in spite of them, not because of them. I asked for rookies who played well individually, and you know that, as well as the examples you gave being dead wrong. Spin it as you like but, you were dead wrong.

Your kidding right. Where was i dead wrong? go to nfl.com and read the stats yourself then. I gaurentee you that if 2 guys were that bad on the OL there would definitely be more than 30 sacks.

Your kidding right. Where was i dead wrong? go to nfl.com and read the stats yourself then. I gaurentee you that if 2 guys were that bad on the OL there would definitely be more than 30 sacks.

When did we get into Da Bears stats? We were talking of rookies and playing well in their first year, which they did not. FWIW, Da Bears gave up more total pressures than the Dolphins but, that was not what we were debating.

Change the subject if ya like but, you were still dead wrong on what we were talking about. lol

When did we get into Da Bears stats? We were talking of rookies and playing well in their first year, which they did not. FWIW, Da Bears gave up more total pressures than the Dolphins but, that was not what we were debating.

Change the subject if ya like but, you were still dead wrong on what we were talking about. lol

You know your wrong but it hurts your pride to much to say it. A team can be successful with 2 rookies on the OL. I could care less if they gave more pressures than the phins they gave up half as many sacks.

You still havent even told me what im dead wrong about?

You know your wrong but it hurts your pride to much to say it. A team can be successful with 2 rookies on the OL. I could care less if they gave more pressures than the phins they gave up half as many sacks.

You still havent even told me what im dead wrong about?

We spoke of rookie play, not team play. Then you change it to team play but when that does not work, it''s about sacks. You are funny, not overly knowledgeable but funny.

You obviously have to combo attack the O-line with FA and the draft. Hopefully you get a starter or two out of the draft and a starter or two out of FA. O-line, though, isn't the only thing keeping us from being a competitive team. It's diluted thinking. Our RB's will not get it done behind any line. Our WR's aren't good enough to carry a team, and neither is our QB. And our D - all of a sudden - is soft. Can't stop the run. Worst of all, we seem to lack all direction and have no clue what a winning brand of football looks like. I like the Lazor hire. Hoping that he'll give our O some direction.

Free agent OL were once found through the draft,,,in other words if they were found ,we can find them to ! I dont mind picking up maybe a free agent,but I want some YOUNG talented OL brought in to grow with Tanny and be here for years to come as well

Who has Green Bay bought? Denver bought 1 Peyton Manning, and you could say Welker, if you want to count their #3 receiver. Seattle? Traded for Harvin, but hasn't really gotten anything from him. Good drafts along with good coaching produces good players. And the cap money is used to retain those players.

A free agent here and there is fine. It's expected. Spend some cash on a decent starter. But how often does the "Free Agency Winner" win the Super Bowl? We won free agency last off season, and now we have a new GM

We spoke of rookie play, not team play. Then you change it to team play but when that does not work, it''s about sacks. You are funny, not overly knowledgeable but funny.

Half of that rookie play went to the pro bowl. You spew a bunch of meaningless stats on how they had so many qb hurries? last time i check the qb got throws off and was still on his feet after a hurry. You said Miami cant build an oline in the draft and become successful and i just proved to you that Chicago did it last year and had one of the leagues top offenses.

Back
Top Bottom