Dolphan Draft Reality? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphan Draft Reality?

Do you honestly believe we can draft 2 starters on the OL, and not be much worse than last year. I cannot even imagine it in my wildest dreams.

As of now 2 starters on the online is really attainable. First round your looking at Zack Martin and Taylor Lewan is a good possibility as well. There are so many good quality guards in this draft as well and easily a starting guard can be found in rounds 2-4.

As of now 2 starters on the online is really attainable. First round your looking at Zack Martin and Taylor Lewan is a good possibility as well. There are so many good quality guards in this draft as well and easily a starting guard can be found in rounds 2-4.

Your mock is a dream scenario, but no way it ever goes down like that :lol: Cyril goes in high 2nd rd and Moses most likely won't make it out of the 2nd round. Oh and Easley might go 2nd as well

Your mock is a dream scenario, but no way it ever goes down like that :lol: Cyril goes in high 2nd rd and Moses most likely won't make it out of the 2nd round. Oh and Easley might go 2nd as well

Three months away from the draft it will never be accurate, just made it to have fun and kill time and let it known that OL is the way to go in my eyes.

Did you watch the top OL pics from last year's draft? Guess they were different.

first round you can name a bunch of solid starters. look at Larry Warford in the 3rd round team rookie MVP. Kyle Long was a projected a second or third rounder and goes to the pro bowl. Eric Fisher struggled at the begging because he played for a small school before the nfl

So in over 15 years of drafting we get 3 good starters, and now we will get two this year. Strangely enough, listening to Classic Rock on Atlantic bb, and they are playing "Dream On" from Aerosmith. Appropriate. lol

first round you can name a bunch of solid starters. look at Larry Warford in the 3rd round team rookie MVP. Kyle Long was a projected a second or third rounder and goes to the pro bowl. Eric Fisher struggled at the begging because he played for a small school before the nfl

Name the VG starters on the OL from last year's draft? and then, try to tell me, with a straight face, that Miami is getting two this year. It's silly.

Name the VG starters on the OL from last year's draft? and then, try to tell me, with a straight face, that Miami is getting two this year. It's silly.

I just named a bunch. its in the quote you put in your comment. Would have been more if it wasn't for injury

And if you look hard you will see that Kyle long and Jordan miller fixed a very pourus line in Chicago last year as rookies. now ive given you names of a bunch of successful guys as well as a team that got 2 good quality starters through last years draft.

So in over 15 years of drafting we get 3 good starters, and now we will get two this year. Strangely enough, listening to Classic Rock on Atlantic bb, and they are playing "Dream On" from Aerosmith. Appropriate. lol

Just because we did ****ty drafting in the past, doesn't mean it has to continue...that is why Ireland is history!

Although I agree with most of what you have posted, there is no period on fixing this team this year. Bring the OL to average or better, fix the Wallace connection, sort out the DT's, and we will be a SCARY playoff team THIS YEAR.

Scary playoff team this coming season? I hope that Aerosmith song you referred to is still playing.

3 position grounds in need of a complete and total overhaul(offensive line, running back, linebacker). We need replacements at free safety and 2nd corner. We also might need another defensive tackle depending on what we do with our free agents. And on top of those glaring must-start-from-scratch-or-at-least-bandaid holes, we need upgrades at tight end and receiver. And with all of that we are suppose to run not only compete with the Colts, Broncos, Chiefs, Bengals, Patriots, and Chargers, but put fear into them? Come now.

The Seahawks have more playmakers in their defensive secondary then we do on our entire roster. I'll concede we could make the playoffs next season, as long as we have a franchise quarterback we will be winning 9 and 10 wins every single year. But i could easily see every single one of those teams beating us on any given Sunday(or simply smashing us). And thats not counting teams like the Texans, Ravens, Steelers, and Titans, all of whom have a solid foundation and could quickly turn around.

We ****ed up for 6 years, we need more then a single offseason to fix the problems.

Miami is not going to try to build the OL in one season, they know that is not possible. They will need more than a few years to build an OL that has the ability to be a Top 15 OL. Chemistry means so much on the OL and it takes gamedays to get it.

With that being said...

I think this year they will spend extra on a Tackle. Then they will look to the draft for another one and it will be early. Then they will look for a someone that will either resign or sign with the team for a team friendly contract. This will give us maybe 1 good LT with the RT and depth still needing attention next offseason, if the Rookie or the team friendly contract Free Agent does not produce.

Then the team has to look at the Guard position which is a mess right now with depth players. The draft will have at least one guard taken before round 5. Then they will look to free agents. They will need to once again overpay to obtain a Free Agent that should be good enough to start from day 1. This position could improve if Miami can find a new Center and move Free Hernandez Hype Man to Guard. But this just creates another whole if the new Center does not pan out.

The Center position is fine if they leave it alone. Sure he seems to have a few tales on his presnap procedures, but this can be fixed.

Basically I think Miami might come away with a Good LT next year. Maybe a good rookie depending upon on the draft falls. But it will be the main issue along with resigning some key players. But even if Miami hits gold and finds 3 good OL players in the first year, chances are it will take 3 or more years with the same group to build into a great OL. So I think Miami will struggle again next year and the year after with good OL play backed up by turncycle type play. The whole OL is a mess overall and it is not going to get fixed anytime soon.

But Miami does not need a TOP 10 OL to win games. We have proven albeit ugly at times that Miami has some talent on this team and can get by with just a Top 20 OL. That alone would help the defense and put more points on the board. It will be interesting to see how this plays out with the new GM-Coach-Salary trio.

And if you look hard you will see that Kyle long and Jordan miller fixed a very pourus line in Chicago last year as rookies. now ive given you names of a bunch of successful guys as well as a team that got 2 good quality starters through last years draft.

I did look and found out that Long was the #44 OG, just behind Jerry, and had negative grades in both the run and pass.

Jordan Miller was more fun. He ranked at #74 of 76 OT's, with a negative grade of 32 in pass blocking, and minus 5.5 on the run. He gave up 62 hurries on the pass. That was worse than Martin and even Columbo.

Great examples. LMAO.

Back
Top Bottom