Dolphin "Classic" Games Part 13 (86 Playoffs Browns) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphin "Classic" Games Part 13 (86 Playoffs Browns)

i agree that it is good that we will stop on there i have thought about it and i will be deleting my account also but does that really stop our ip's and logs from getting into the hands of the bad guys if they win?

CrunchTime said:
There has been some talk about that and newsgroups too.Personally I think a private tracker is the way to go.

That would be a good idea, I have bookmarked list of bittorrent trackers on my computer at home, I could post some of those, see if it would help. The only thing that is nice about newsgroups is that only one person has to upload, and then the rest leech. You wouldn't have to worry about seeding for a week or more straight, the downside being that not everyone has Usenet access (or good usenet access for that reason), and files that are 4.7gigs could easily be missing parts, and you would have to write up another tutorial on how to d/l off usenet.

CrunchTime said:
Ice,Max ,sickertrick were working on a private tracker.We will wait to get one of those up and we will continue by invitation.

It would be a shame to stop now because I have located enough games to fill out our wish list and more.

Yeah, we're not done completely. Just gonna find a different way to get the games out. A private tracker would be best. Let's stay away from other sites, you never know when they'll get a letter.

If we have to we can use Emule. The only one that would target us there is the NFL themselves. We wouldn't have to worry about the MPAA or RIAA.

What is the downside of using eMule or another p2p? If we name the files something only we know the leeching will be very minimal. I've been using it for a while for other things and it works fine with better speeds then on torrents.

Anyone have more input on p2p's?

Dude said:
What is the downside of using eMule or another p2p? If we name the files something only we know the leeching will be very minimal. I've been using it for a while for other things and it works fine with better speeds then on torrents.

Anyone have more input on p2p's?

I was using e-mule before I started on the torrents.We can try one out.As you said we would probably have to code the games to avoid unwanted leechers.

Crunch,

I was closing my torrents (except for those you mentioned) and it appears someone is dl'ing 88 Browns, as well.

Man, it seems like the Steelers game is going slow...

If we go the emule route, we can just name the files with a bunch of garbage letters and number. Only the people on this forum will know what to search for.

I'll create a zip file for one of the games and name it something. I'll let you know when it's archived and on emule. Someone can search for it and see if it comes up.

byroan said:
If we go the emule route, we can just name the files with a bunch of garbage letters and number. Only the people on this forum will know what to search for.

I'll create a zip file for one of the games and name it something. I'll let you know when it's archived and on emule. Someone can search for it and see if it comes up.
Was working on that too... I just 'shared' bua.mpg & 1stpick.mpg on e-mule. Someone feel like testing?

e-mule has a feature to share to friends only. Great for the master seeders to get the preload done.

For those that haven't e-muled: http://www.emule-project.net/ - just d/l the client - you do have to opent the ports is mentions during the install, but that's it...

Back
Top Bottom