Dolphin "Classic" Games Part 13 (86 Playoffs Browns) | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphin "Classic" Games Part 13 (86 Playoffs Browns)

Ok Lads, I've got a quickie web site and the FTP for the library going good. I will start working on the tracker for all of us. I'll host it, Crunch will be the mod of the tracker and do all the hunting. There will be NO RATIO's of any kind. Those caught downloading and not uploading will just have their IP banned. Simple rules, simple site, simple folks that just want to watch some football. Also, this tracker will be private for only dolphins games. Nothing else. Will update once I get it all together.

I suggest you to not use e-mule. I used to use e-mule for 4 to 5 years until RIAA (I believe) busted all e-mule sites. That is the reason I changed from
e-mule to torrent. E-mule is not safe, always have someone watching the net for e-mule sites and bust them down.

Suggest we use private tracker and invite small number of people (like 100?) to share games so the feds, cops, and district attorneys will never know what is happening as there is mininial chance of leaking. Have our own site, require user name and passwords to get in the site..(like those adult sites :lol: ). Well, it is just my thoughts.

By the way, I have stopped uploading all games but I kept all files in my hard drive so we can keep on uploading them in new site/tracker/whatsever.

DOLBET said:
I suggest you to not use e-mule. I used to use e-mule for 4 to 5 years until RIAA (I believe) busted all e-mule sites. That is the reason I changed from
e-mule to torrent. E-mule is not safe, always have someone watching the net for e-mule sites and bust them down.

Suggest we use private tracker and invite small number of people (like 100?) to share games so the feds, cops, and district attorneys will never know what is happening as there is mininial chance of leaking. Have our own site, require user name and passwords to get in the site..(like those adult sites :lol: ). Well, it is just my thoughts.

On Emule they can only target specific users. Since we're not sharing any movies or music, they don't care. The only ones who can come after us would be the NFL.

Of course our own site or tracker would be the best. I finally got my own emule server up and running. :cooldude:

Oregonfinfan said:
guys i was still trying to get the "ricky runs wild" game but ti says that the torrent is not with that tracker was it deleted?

Yes it was.Sorry I didnt see you on the leechers list and we had zero seeders.
If anyone is caught with an incomplete file dont worry.You can complete it later when and if we go to our own tracker.

I dont think you can complete it on e-mule although there are some siimilarities as bits are loaded out of sequence..

IceStorm said:
Ok Lads, I've got a quickie web site and the FTP for the library going good. I will start working on the tracker for all of us. I'll host it, Crunch will be the mod of the tracker and do all the hunting. There will be NO RATIO's of any kind. Those caught downloading and not uploading will just have their IP banned. Simple rules, simple site, simple folks that just want to watch some football. Also, this tracker will be private for only dolphins games. Nothing else. Will update once I get it all together.

Good deal.What is your ETA ?

DOLBET said:

Thats what I had in mind .We will still not give links out on this thread except by msgs.I will announce a game and you guys will know how to find it.

I still would like give newbees and other FH members a chance to get in on these games so we can probably continue the thread unless the higher ups on this MB object.Many of you started that way and joined FH because of them

Thoughts guys.

CrunchTime said:
Thats what I had in mind .We will still not give links out on this thread except by msgs.I will announce a game and you guys will know how to find it.

I still would like give newbees and other FH members a chance to get in on these games so we can probably continue the thread unless the higher ups on this MB object.Many of you started that way and joined FH because of them

Thoughts guys.
A private tracker is definately the way to go, but as we work out the technical hurdles, let's investigate other options.

I think it's kinda hard to get in trouble on e-mule. right now on one server there are over 1million users. And if the games named where you can't tell what it is..

My vote is to push for the private tracker, but in the mean time, let's try one or two a different way and see how it goes.

And b/c most p2p programs truely send the bits out randomly, i doubt we'll have the same bottleneck problems where everyone is stuck at the same % and it goes in spurts.

Let's try it.

Lets not get overanxious here.I want to finish up our torrents at the site first.Then we will go on to the next step.

Glad needs a little seeding support on the Marino's first start torrent.Pls help.

Not sure what's overanxious about planning and testing that next step now. You had been releasing games like 2 a week, if you want to slow things down, then no prob. But if you wanted to continue with minimal retraining and no real down time, it is a definate option.

I'm not sure why you're so married to the torrent method. When it works, it's fine. But it definately has had it's share of problems. Also, on these small torrent sites, we almost own them with our traffic so we stick out like a sore thumb (Mr. Mod ;) ). On any of the major p2p's we would be like a piss in the ocean.

Back
Top Bottom