Dolphin "Classic" Games Part 13 (86 Playoffs Browns) | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphin "Classic" Games Part 13 (86 Playoffs Browns)

Dude said:
Not sure what's overanxious about planning and testing that next step now. You had been releasing games like 2 a week, if you want to slow things down, then no prob. But if you wanted to continue with minimal retraining and no real down time, it is a definate option.

I'm not sure why you're so married to the torrent method. When it works, it's fine. But it definately has had it's share of problems. Also, on these small torrent sites, we almost own them with our traffic so we stick out like a sore thumb (Mr. Mod ;) ). On any of the major p2p's we would be like a piss in the ocean.

The only propblem we have had with the torrents are site problems.Our own tracker will solve that.

I dont really understands why anyone would be interested in a small site such as the one we are using.There are so many big ones still going such as mininova and Pirate Bay.

I am not saying we shouldnt use e-mule.I am just saying we should slow down a bit.There are still months before the first exhibition game.If I remember correctly its difficult to find files on e-mule and also you had to wait for server connections and chose the right server .

CrunchTime said:
If I remember correctly its difficult to find files on e-mule and also you had to wait for server connections and chose the right server .

We just make our own server. It takes about 2 mins to do.

CrunchTime said:
The only propblem we have had with the torrents are site problems.Our own tracker will solve that.

I dont really understands why anyone would be interested in a small site such as the one we are using.There are so many big ones still going such as mininova and Pirate Bay.

I am not saying we shouldnt use e-mule.I am just saying we should slow down a bit.There are still months before the first exhibition game.If I remember correctly its difficult to find files on e-mule and also you had to wait for server connections and chose the right server .
It's basically your game, slowing down is no problem.

I think though we should use that time to test other ideas including eMule. It would also be really helpful if you were running those tests.

From my and Byroan limited testing:
You don't need to be on the same server, but it might take 20 min for the others to show the new files.

You can add users as friends and open a direct channel with no waiting queue.

I don't want to down-play any of the great work you've basically done by yourself to put this together. I just think it's something you might like given our circumstances.

Dude said:
It's basically your game, slowing down is no problem.

I think though we should use that time to test other ideas including eMule. It would also be really helpful if you were running those tests.

From my and Byroan limited testing:
You don't need to be on the same server, but it might take 20 min for the others to show the new files.

You can add users as friends and open a direct channel with no waiting queue.

I don't want to down-play any of the great work you've basically done by yourself to put this together. I just think it's something you might like given our circumstances.

I will run a test with your and Byroan's help....... just not yet.

IceStorm said:
Ok Lads, I've got a quickie web site and the FTP for the library going good. I will start working on the tracker for all of us. I'll host it, Crunch will be the mod of the tracker and do all the hunting. There will be NO RATIO's of any kind. Those caught downloading and not uploading will just have their IP banned. Simple rules, simple site, simple folks that just want to watch some football. Also, this tracker will be private for only dolphins games. Nothing else. Will update once I get it all together.

sounds good.

i deleted my account at that other place.

How do you delete your account?

Never mind.....duh.... :D

guys i will say this again, deleting your account does you no good if in the end they give up the ip's and the logs! I will get the bears game when we get the new trackeri am trying to finish the browns game hopefully by late tonight!

Oregonfinfan said:
guys i will say this again, deleting your account does you no good if in the end they give up the ip's and the logs! I will get the bears game when we get the new trackeri am trying to finish the browns game hopefully by late tonight!

This is understood. I have no illusions about what data they have. Thus the point of not having any logs locally. However, I'm sure they're not too worried about us getting games. They'd only pass the info on to the NFL and then we'd most likely get some cease and desist letters. Besides, I'd have to HAVE money in the first place for them to sue me. :roflmao:

Oregonfinfan said:

Did you finish the Browns playoff torrent? .I dont see you or anyone else leeching.

Oregonfinfan said:

OK.I see you now.You are at 43 pct.

Back
Top Bottom