Dolphin Defense is currently ranked 30th | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphin Defense is currently ranked 30th

Well, as we all know...............stats dont mean a whole lot :(

...and Carolina's is 26th, and Cincy's is 12th.

I don't think so.

Pts per game says we're 7th best and isn't that really all that counts???

It is what it is at the end of the season that counts not the beginning. To me the defense has been full time experimenting on a brand new defensive package (ZONE) on 2 beginning games they felt they would win regardless of what they did(Texans and Jets w/o Pennington), obviously the texans failed but they have now had 2 games to get a feel and some film of them playing zone, and as the season goes on and we mix it up they will only get better.

What a great game this weekend's one will be. A reversal of the ususal hot dolphins and the stodgy Bills. 7:30pm CST come on down!

Dallas is ranked #1? :lol: Not after tonite! I thought our rushing D was better than that tho'.:confused:

if points per game is what you want, then I'm happy too:D

the fact is, you guys played 2 weak-*** passing teams and they smoked you....keep it up and you guys will be run out of your own house

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
the fact is, you guys played 2 weak-*** passing teams and they smoked you
Houston is obviously improved over 2002 and the Jets cannot run the ball so they must pass it. Stats lie when you are up 21-3 at halftime and basically have 0 rushing yards.

Dallas and the Giants have only one game played.. so ofcourse they will have given up the least amount of yards..

Whats real concerning is that we are loaded with "pro-bowl players" litterally loaded.... and yet our defense is ranked with the likes of Chicago, Detroit and the Chargers??????

I would be really impressed if Dave and Bates have game planned to play exclusively zone in the first two games for the practice and experience of it and then will alternate defenses the rest of the year..

Bills fans are really reaching. I realize the education is really poor out there in the old iron-country, but seriously, you guys can do better.

By that logic, Travis Henry is a 2.4 ypc back. Maybe if you guys didnt have so good of a pass offense he would be..but seriously.

Originally posted by Jeep
I would be really impressed if Dave and Bates have game planned to play exclusively zone in the first two games for the practice and experience of it and then will alternate defenses the rest of the year..

That would make too much sense....Surely Dave and Bates are incapable of having an actual plan....ask RikWriter....Oh, that's right, we won, so he's not around anymore.....my point is still the same though.

40 ypg against the Giants? Damn! The cowdung is in for a big a$$whoopin tonight.

Back
Top Bottom