Ernie Sims
1st Round
Position: OLB
School: Florida State
Weight: 234
40: 4.55
Height: 5,11 1/8
Positives:
Ernie Sims is a tremendous athlete with great speed and coverage skills for a linebacker. He may be the best coverage linebacker in the 2006 draft, and reminds in some ways of former FSU linebacker Derrick Brooks. He's also very strong for his size and may excel at the next level because of this. He would be a very good fit for a cover 2 system
Negatives:
Sims lacks size and struggles at times to fight off blocks. He tends to be a little overaggressive when attacking the run and may get caught out of position

283348-1.jpg

Devin Aromashodu
3RD Round
Postion: WR
School:Auburn
Weight:201
40:4.35
Height:6,2 1/2
Positives:
Aromashodu is a tall receiver with the exposiveness, playing speed and hands to get deep and make big plays. He is an aggressive runner with the ball. He has an explosive burst through cracks, keeps his feet against hard hits, runs through arm tackles and gains yards after contact. He is not only a good runner after the catch, but also is a dangerous return man. He will go across the middle and make the tough catch consistently; he takes the hard hit and holds onto the ball. He has the hands to adjust and make tough catches consistently. He makes the over-the-shoulder catch down the field surprisingly well. He is a good blocker who consistently gets after his man and eliminates him from the play.
Negatives:
Despite being a good athlete, Aromashodu doesn't have much sharpness in his short/medium routes. He does not get out of his cuts sharply and does not consistently get separation. He has little experience against the jam and needs to improve his hand use and side-to-side shake to release against the jam better. Even though he has very good size for a receiver, he does not use his body well to shield the defender from the pass. More than anything, he is somewhat of a one-dimensional receiver who is very good at stretching the field and making big plays deep, but is not a consistently good all-around receiver due to his choppy short and medium routes.

clear.gif

Greg BLue
4th Round
School: Georgia
Weight:215
40: 4.70
Height: 6,2
Positives:Blue is a good athlete with the explosive burst and speed to make plays all over the field. Has very good instincts, which enables him to consistently read and react to the play fast -- once he is chasing after the play, he has an explosive closing burst to finish it. Attacks the line of scrimmage in run support, and when he stays upright and over his feet, he can be a good tackler in space and can make the hard hit. Reads the quarterback well from deep coverage and can close quickly on passes in front of him. Can get outside to help the cornerback with deep over-the-top coverage. Has the speed to cover tight ends and running backs all over the field in tight man-to-man coverage coverage. Has the hands to make the tough interception.
Negatives:Blue's biggest problem is that he gets out of control and does not always make the plays he is capable of. Has a bad habit of stopping his feet before making contact on tackles and lunges, which leads to him missing too many tackles. In tight man-to-man coverage coverage, he will at times get upright and straight-legged, losing a step when he has to flip his hips to turn and run. Does not always fight and compete hard to defeat block and make the play.

im not sold on blue. i think he will convert to linebacker. and with our third rounder id like to take omar jacobs and with our fourth take skyler green.

Ernie Sims is too small to play in the 3-4, as for Devin I rather have draft Demetrius Williams, I like Greg Blue alot, big hitter.

COMEBACKRICKY said:
im not sold on blue. i think he will convert to linebacker. and with our third rounder id like to take omar jacobs and with our fourth take skyler green.
skyler green will be there in the 7th most likely
at least thats where he should be

and why do we need another small fast guy
we already have welker and campbell to share return duties, so we dont need another

I like all three of these picks. Aromashodu could be a good player if he's coached up and Sims and Blue both hit like a ton of bricks.

Phins28 said:
Ernie Sims is too small to play in the 3-4, as for Devin I rather have draft Demetrius Williams, I like Greg Blue alot, big hitter.

i dont htink he is too small. htey said that about ZT didn't they? blue wil not go round 4 and he is TOOO SMALL for a LB for the one that said he'll prob move their. Blue didn't run a 4.70 tho i think it was 4.55 or something

i really like aramashadu and im not copleteyl sold on sims but the kid can ball so im down i dont l;ike blue tho i really like watkins there or jarrad page alil later

i think blue would be a late round steal for us.if hes there we have to take him.he reminds me of ed reed in a way because he can tackle very well

i would like to see Jason Allen ( Safety, Tennessee)
taken in the first round

or Donte Whitner wouldnt be a bad choice either

Yea but the problem is we really have no depth in WR area i like donte but not a big fan of jason allen i read he failed his physical

Yeah i agree we need another WR but i just dont think we need one that bad to draft a WR with a 1st round pick, 2nd round pick would be nice to have for us to draft a WR but i guess we'll have to settle for a 3rd round WR.

hey guys devin is projected to be a 7th- FA. I like the guy but i mean im not that big on reaching. maybe we can pick him up in the 6th just to be sure we get him. a lot of the scouts blast him for being lazy and not realizing his potiential. i think that will change once he meets the sabonator.

nice work. You did a good job with the analysis but I don't think the pics are right.

Saban like Bill B prefers size over speed. Especially at LB. I think Ernie Sims could be great at the next level but he isn't the prototype Saban player.

COMEBACKRICKY said:
hey guys devin is projected to be a 7th- FA. I like the guy but i mean im not that big on reaching. maybe we can pick him up in the 6th just to be sure we get him. a lot of the scouts blast him for being lazy and not realizing his potiential. i think that will change once he meets the sabonator.

Who projects him as a 7th-FA? Maybe a month or two ago, but right now Devin is projected as a 3rd or 4th RD player.

Back
Top Bottom