Dolphin Mock With Pics | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphin Mock With Pics

COMEBACKRICKY said:
hey guys devin is projected to be a 7th- FA. I like the guy but i mean im not that big on reaching. maybe we can pick him up in the 6th just to be sure we get him. a lot of the scouts blast him for being lazy and not realizing his potiential. i think that will change once he meets the sabonator.

Huh? How do you propose we do this?

I like your draft but I would like something like this:

1st rd pick: Donte Whitner OSU 5'-11" 204lbs 40Time-4.41 sec
60031_dontewhitnergh-1.jpg

Developing defensive back slowly turning into a complete player. Fast, explosive at the point and not afraid to mix it up. Supports the run and wraps up tackling. Displays a good sense of timing, recognizes patterns in zone coverage and possesses good hands for the pick. Solid footwork in all directions.

3rd RD pick: Mark Anderson DE/OLB Alabama: 6'-4" 254lbs 40- 4.65sec
303347-1.jpg

Athletic defensive end with terrific upside potential. Plays with good pad level, fluid out to the sidelines and fast off the edge. Effective playing in space, resilient and is rarely off his feet. Deceptively strong and stays within his angle of attack.
Neg: Lacks bulk and has difficulty shedding blocks once engaged at the point.
Analysis: Shooting straight up draft boards, Anderson capped off a terrific campaign in ‘05 with solid performances at the Senior Bowl and combine. Offers starting potential in a conventional defense and may ultimately grow into a two-gap lineman.

4th RD Todd Watkins WR BYU: 6'-3" 202lbs 40- 4.45sec
258436-1.jpg

Explosive, game-breaking receiver coming off a disappointing senior campaign. Quickly releases off the line of scrimmage, displays sharpness running routes and comes back to the ball out of breaks. Effectively makes the reception away from his frame then quickly transitions after the catch. Has the speed to consistently beat defenders deep. Runs well laterally, making the reception in stride.

The scouting info. above are snipets from TFY Draft Preview. If I posted something illegally let me know.

I dont think that there is any way that Blue falls to us in the 4th round. I think it would almost be a reach to assume he would be there where we pick in the 3rd.

D-bolt said:
3rd RD pick: Mark Anderson DE/OLB Alabama: 6'-4" 254lbs 40- 4.65sec
http://media.scout.com/media/image/30/303347.jpg

Neg: Lacks bulk

He looks big to me in that picture.

But also it says he could develop into a 2 gap lineman. 254lbs is not big enough to even play 4-3 everydown in some systems how could he develop into a 3-4 lineman? can someone explain?

PhinsPhan said:
He looks big to me in that picture.

But also it says he could develop into a 2 gap lineman. 254lbs is not big enough to even play 4-3 everydown in some systems how could he develop into a 3-4 lineman? can someone explain?

I project him as an OLB in the 3-4. In regards to size, for a long time JT's playing weight was in the 240 range for a long time. As I said before I would use him as an OLB.

Back
Top Bottom