Dolphin Team Report | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphin Team Report

painnotpleasure said:
So if Ricky comes back, his salary is re-instated... he doesn't owe us 8.6 million and we have to pay his salary?? I'm still not sure if I'm understanding this correctly... but if he decides to come back and Saban allows it... would we be able to restructure his contract to a mininum (or reduced) salary to help him pay back the money he owes AND help us with the CAP?

Because he violated terms of his contract, the bonus money that he had been paid is forfeit both legally and by NFL standards. If he returns it would be at his base salary. Williams would have to agree to a restructuring on the remaining years of his contract. We'll have to wait and see if the NFL gives the Dolphins a cap credit upon Ricky's return. I doubt it will but you never know.

There are a lot of Cole haters out there. But I think he's O.K. He is to the point and doesn't write fluff pieces. He's all about the football and is objective, which I myself need as I tend to get too rosy about the teams fortunes.

chillin6776 said:
what was wrong with freeman???? all he did was intercept the ball whenever he was in............

And get burned down the field at the worst possible times by average receivers.

BringBackShula said:
And get burned down the field at the worst possible times by average receivers.

Don't forget his propensity for being trucked by QBs...

MrClean said:
Let's see...Freeman has played in 72 games in his NFL career and has 5 interceptions. That doesn't exactly add up to intercepting the ball whenever he was in...
Well, considering he played mostly special teams or dime corner in those 72 games versus a starting safety, it's a better ratio. But, obviously if he couldn't crack the starting lineup given the players we had at the time (and his very high cap number scheduled for this year), there was no real reason to keep him.

Back
Top Bottom