Dolphins 22 potential starters in week 1 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins 22 potential starters in week 1

Well he was essentially the worst IOL in the entire league, so improvement wasn't the most difficult thing to achieve.

Don't see how he deserves to start as he was still one of the worst even with improvement.
McDaniel seems to like him a lot......I see him starting at RG since that was his best position and we don’t have the resources to come up with 3 new starters inside....ideally Eich would be the 6th OL but I think he'll start or at least he'll get a chance to compete for a starting job.

Big Eich likely will be a starter so prepare yourself. While it would be great if he was a backup since he has experience at every position, he seemed to improve last year and deserves to start.
Please quantify improve. We were dramatically worse at center all year when he played.

McDaniel seems to like him a lot......I see him starting at RG since that was his best position and we don’t have the resources to come up with 3 new starters inside....ideally Eich would be the 6th OL but I think he'll start or at least he'll get a chance to compete for a starting job.

He'll for sure get a chance to compete for a starting spot, I just don't see him winning the job. Same as last year.

I thought he might get cut TBH. Would free up $3,366,000 , just under 800k of dead money.

IOW, McDaniel and Eichenberg will be the modern equivalent of Philbin and Dallas Thomas. The guy is their worst lineman, yet the HC keeps putting him on the field anyway.

Offense

QB - Tua
WR - Tyreek Hill
WR - Jaylen Waddle
WR - KJ Osborn - Free Agent Vikings 27 - 48 receptions 3 TD's in 2023
RB - Raheem Mostert
TE - Jonnu Smith - Free Agent Falcons 28 - 50 receptions 3 TD's in 2023
LT - Terron Armstead
LG - Liam Eichenberg
C - Lloyd Cushenberry - Free Agent Broncos 26
RG - Jordan Morgan - Arizona - First round pick trade down pick up a 3rd round pick
RT - Austin Jackson

Defense

DE/OLB - Adisa Isaac PSU - 2nd round draft pick
DE/OLB - Dorance Armstrong - Free Agent Cowboys 27 - 7.5 sacks in 2023 2 years younger than AVG
DT- Javon Kinlaw - Free Agent 49ers 26 - 3.5 sacks in 2023
DT - Zack Sieler
NT - Jordan Jefferson LSU - 5th round draft pick
LB - David Long
LB - Cedric Gray UNC - 3rd round draft pick
DB - Jalen Ramsey
DB - Jeff Okudah - Free Agent Falcons 25 or Cam Smith
S - Jevon Holland
S - DeShon Elliott
If we field an oline like that Tua not finishing the season and that defense will give up the most points in nfl history

If we field an oline like that Tua not finishing the season and that defense will give up the most points in nfl history
Personally, I wouldn't mind that, because then maybe Ross would finally clean house completely. I'd prefer seeing an offense with a QB who can make things happen like a Mahomes, or an Allen (with better accuracy), or a bigger Jackson, since his passing has gotten better. IOW, I'd like a big, athletic, above average pocket passer who can also go mobile and work off-script.

Yes, I know that's unrealistic because QBs like that don't grow on trees. So, the next best thing is to build an above average team with a very good defense, a good o-line, running game, and decent WRs and TE in the passing game. A team like this can win even with a less-than-elite QB (Trent Dilfer and Eli Manning have rings), and if you get the chance to upgrade the QB position, you can do even better.

Miami's problem is that they didn't build an above average team with a good foundation in the trenches. They got a not-so-big QB who doesn't work well off-script and gave him some above average offensive weapons, but the offense only works when everything is going perfect and they can throw the ball immediately because they didn't bother to ensure they first had a good o-line (including depth, since Grier likes signing injury-prone players). And, instead of taking the time to build properly through the draft, they went all-in on a bunch of Free Agents who cost them not only draft picks, but also cap space.

IOW, McDaniel and Eichenberg will be the modern equivalent of Philbin and Dallas Thomas. The guy is their worst lineman, yet the HC keeps putting him on the field anyway.
What a terrible ick. Specially trading up for and having Humphrey (who everybody except Grier knew was the better player) still on the board

What a terrible ick. Specially trading up for and having Humphrey (who everybody except Grier knew was the better player) still on the board
I don't watch college football, so the draft previews and rankings mean nothing to me. However, other fans get into it, and then I get to read how Grier keeps reaching for guys and ignoring better players. It's almost as if for Grier, the wheeling and dealing of moving up and down in the draft is more important to his ego than actually getting the best player for the team.

Well he was essentially the worst IOL in the entire league, so improvement wasn't the most difficult thing to achieve.

Don't see how he deserves to start as he was still one of the worst even with improvement.
Didn't he improve over the year?
You have checked those stats, I presume? - LOL

That's a lot of "hits" in the draft, wish I had that kind of trust in the staff.
You don't trust the staff.
That's your opinion. Fair enough.

I Do.
That's my opinion. Fair enough?

Let's start with the most important, undisputable information, to make that decision:

1) We just made the playoffs for two years in a row, even with the higher number of injuries any other NFL team.

If you don't agree with that specific piece of information, you don't have the capabilities to argue it!

Just visit a "JETs forum" and make yourself heard where it will be appreciated!

There are not enough negatives available, even when taken in combination, that puts a dent in this one statistic.

Negative attitudes are not statistics, just opinions and in most of the cases that I see here, they are outdated and over-emotional HOG-WASH!

Was he among the worst statistically? Is that a stat or are you making that up? I don’t know ghe answer just curious

You don't trust the staff.
That's your opinion. Fair enough.

I Do.
That's my opinion. Fair enough?

Let's start with the most important, undisputable information, to make that decision:

1) We just made the playoffs for two years in a row, even with the higher number of injuries any other NFL team.

If you don't agree with that specific piece of information, you don't have the capabilities to argue it!

Just visit a "JETs forum" and make yourself heard where it will be appreciated!

There are not enough negatives available, even when taken in combination, that puts a dent in this one statistic.

Negative attitudes are not statistics, just opinions and in most of the cases that I see here, they are outdated and over-emotional HOG-WASH!
I agree. Its not even start of actual of NFL calander year. We have work to do of course. Doom and gloom already? Let it play out . We ll all see.

Bills just let go of few starters. Patriots don't have a QB. Jets have good defense but have terrible o line and 40 year old Qb coming off injury. Alot of variables just in our division.

Back
Top Bottom