Dolphins adding DT Hand | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins adding DT Hand

Thank you....I learned something today. I always thought NT were over the center
"In the old days", that was a quite common method. Today is more nuanced. Here's a little bit of a primer should you care to browse through:

There also a draft website that I forgot the name of, that also rates DL as to how they best fit in as a specific alignment but I forget. Should I remember it, I'll post.

Could provide some more insight and/or fun when coveting these guys.

cause as a guard he'd be facing DT's that are way bigger than him....some are 320lbs or more......at Center he's more on double blocks, pulling and getting to the 2nd level where he can use his athleticism
I so did not want to answer this! Thanks Danny :-):cool:

Our WRs after Hill/Waddle are currently Erik Ezukanma, Anthony Schwartz, Braylon Sanders, and Matthew Sexton. Only name we’ve heard of interest in FA is our own Braxton Berrios.

Think that’s as big a need as any right now outside of guard.
Yeah, we've been mostly FA'ing on the defensive side. Not exclusively, but mostly. At this point I think Coach needs some swag on his offensive side. Maybe WR and a OG/OT versatile with the 1st 2 picks?

Brewer can’t play guard at 275 lbs.....he's our center so if we draft JPJ is to play guard.......I'd be happy with one of JPJ/Barton/Fantanu
He's 295 and he was their starting LG in 2022. 274 was his 2020 Pro Day weight.

No I don't... but I have said that I'm not a fan of taking DTs in the first (largely because I think you end up overpaying for them when that 2nd contract comes).
I think your best DT value starts in the second round... and continues through the 5th or so.

With a deep team like we have now... I'd think a DT in the 2nd makes a lot of sense if we've already got the OT in hand.

If we give into temptation and draft a WR with the #1, then I think a DT is a LOT less likely in the 2nd though.
Agree and the OT or WR assuming your not going to go for an edge (which I don’t see) are better draft values.

if he's up to 295 that's great cause he's very fast
I've read the same thing: pro day 274, current 295.
But two things are for sure.
1) Everyone lies in their program.
2) He's light for a Center and would be VERY light for a Guard.

He's a speed player and his best scheme fit is the one that we run. This'll be great until we are in shorter yardage, then... he may struggle.

Still... I REALLY like the signing. I'd much rather pay a top 15 vet 7m/year than I would spend a #1 on a Center.

Agree and the OT or WR assuming your not going to go for an edge (which I don’t see) are better draft values.
I won't be shocked if we go Edge... they are extremely valuable, but I hope we dont draft a 250 lb guy.
I'd be much more comfortable with a 280-290 pound DE type Edge... someone who could kick inside on passing downs.
This way... we wouldn't be left with three OLB type Edges when Phillips and Chubb return.

Back
Top Bottom