Dolphins adding DT Hand | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins adding DT Hand

3rd option for a couple and then could allow you to move on from Hill...
yeah but you see a ton of good/great WR's coming out every year...deep class all the way to the 3rd round.....but this OL class is so good in the first round.....I don’t want to pass on that

We really need infusion of young talent on o line but I do understand the dynamics of having 3rd threat wr with Waddle and Hill.

I'm a sucker for guys like this because I always remember the recruiting rankings. This guy was considered the best defensive lineman and one of the best players regardless of position.

Considerably more raw athletic ability than Raekwon Davis.

It makes sense what we are doing, via Gallimore and Benito Jones and DeShawn Hand. It will be a rotation of more barrel chested active guys instead of a 6-7 guy who mostly stands there guarding a limited space.

We'll make more splash plays but also give up more gash runs.

The unpredictability will be interesting. There was never much variance week to week with Sieler, Wilkins and Raekwon out there.
Gotta tell ya, Mr Dooger, one of the highlights of finding this website again is reading your posts. :UP::cheers:

just saw the benito jones news. i guess this is how they do it, rotational. take DT off the board for the draft now. i think only glaring need left is center/guard. there are other holes like 3rd receiver, prob still need another edge guy for time being, but seems like the first rounder goes to the OL at this point if nothing else changes. would be great if they could sign a good guard/center, then could go into the draft with the ability to go BPA which would be awesome. more money may free up post june, or with some other moves

With Hand coming back... and B. Jones, who I've always liked as an interior DT... and the host of other DTs coming to camp... we really are looking like this year is going to be about a rotation.

Last year, CW and Sieler took so many snaps that we only carried a few DTs on the roster all year long. Everyone kept saying, "the Dolphins are pretty thin at DT, and will be in trouble if there are any injuries"...

But that never happened, and our roster reflected this.

This year, I expect us to carry one more DL than we did last year... but obviously, that extra body will have to come from somewhere... perhaps one less DB?

With Hand coming back... and B. Jones, who I've always liked as an interior DT... and the host of other DTs coming to camp... we really are looking like this year is going to be about a rotation.

Last year, CW and Sieler took so many snaps that we only carried a few DTs on the roster all year long. Everyone kept saying, "the Dolphins are pretty thin at DT, and will be in trouble if there are any injuries"...

But that never happened, and our roster reflected this.

This year, I expect us to carry one more DL than we did last year... but obviously, that extra body will have to come from somewhere... perhaps one less DB?
that's a good point fever.....do you think DT is off the board this year?

Nope. Miami is taking serious looks at the DT prospects in the draft. It might not mean anything. But last year they were all over the CB prospects. And took one high.

90df0ca2-63bb-47ce-8fc7-c1c10d01debe_text.gif

No I don't... but I have said that I'm not a fan of taking DTs in the first (largely because I think you end up overpaying for them when that 2nd contract comes).
I think your best DT value starts in the second round... and continues through the 5th or so.

With a deep team like we have now... I'd think a DT in the 2nd makes a lot of sense if we've already got the OT in hand.

If we give into temptation and draft a WR with the #1, then I think a DT is a LOT less likely in the 2nd though.

No I don't... but I have said that I'm not a fan of taking DTs in the first (largely because I think you end up overpaying for them when that 2nd contract comes).
I think your best DT value starts in the second round... and continues through the 5th or so.

With a deep team like we have now... I'd think a DT in the 2nd makes a lot of sense if we've already got the OT in hand.

If we give into temptation and draft a WR with the #1, then I think a DT is a LOT less likely in the 2nd though.
that's exactly how I fell.....OL/DT....if we trade back and gain a 3rd I'd still go OL/DT and then maybe WR in the 3rd round....the WR class is good and deep enough to where you can get a good one in the 3rd round

that's exactly how I fell.....OL/DT....if we trade back and gain a 3rd I'd still go OL/DT and then maybe WR in the 3rd round....the WR class is good and deep enough to where you can get a good one in the 3rd round
Yep... we're on the same wavelength.

Back
Top Bottom