Dolphins adding DT Hand | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins adding DT Hand

Da'Shawn Hand as a rookie played 455 snaps for Det and his PFF grades were excellent across the board. 85.2 overall, 77.6 RunDef, 77.4 tackling, 79.5 pass rush, and generated pressure once every 10.5 snaps which is very good for an IDL. He looked like he could be a future solid starter. Then he had 4 seasons of less consistent play, hampered by injuries, etc. He hit IR at some point in each of those seasons. But last season he returned to do very well as the interior backup in Miami. IMO, this could be a very under-the-radar signing and if he can stay healthy I see no reason not to expect 500-600 quality snaps from him and he could be a starter for the next few seasons in S. Fla.

Nice! It's been assumed that we'd replaced Wilkins ridiculous snap count with multiple players and find a better fit to replace Davis. It seems as if the plan has been successful.

Nice! It's been assumed that we'd replaced Wilkins ridiculous snap count with multiple players and find a better fit to replace Davis. It seems as if the plan has been successful.
Fangio was so dogmatic about grinding Wilkins and Sieler into the ground with workload. Hand could have handled double the snaps easily, whether they came from those two or from Davis.

I think our draft is/should be set up to go OL/DT
Preferably heavy OL in an OL deep draft....we really need to solidify that OL. How well would Brewer do at G if we drafted Jackson Powers Johnson? We have a lot of 2025 draft capitol to trade

Preferably heavy OL in an OL deep draft....we really need to solidify that OL. How well would Brewer do at G if we drafted Jackson Powers Johnson? We have a lot of 2025 draft capitol to trade
Brewer can’t play guard at 275 lbs.....he's our center so if we draft JPJ is to play guard.......I'd be happy with one of JPJ/Barton/Fantanu

Last year, we carried 5 DTs most of the time. This year, I suspect that we may roster 6.

Sieler, obviously, is a lock.

Hand and Gallimore are pretty solid bets.

This leaves Pili, Jones, Nixon, and Mack fighting for 2-3 spots... and this is before we draft anyone. If we draft a true DT like Sweat or Fiske, or a DE type like Darius Robinson, (or one of each), then you'll see a fight for roster spots.

As it is, I wouldn't expect all of the current crop to stick... not even on the PS. By bringing in so many cheap FA types on to the team, we've almost insured that we'll cut one or two.

This isn't really a problem... but it may mean that we'll be slower to draft multiple DL than some think.

Full maniac, trades Tua, 1st round pick, 2025 1st round pick, for the #1 spot. :lol:

(I dont want this at all fwiw, just a joke, but has to be said)
class, class, Class WAKE UP... thank q

No really, wake up

Brewer can’t play guard at 275 lbs.....he's our center so if we draft JPJ is to play guard.......I'd be happy with one of JPJ/Barton/Fantanu
Forgive my ignorance, but why can you not play guard at 275, but can play center?

I'm a sucker for guys like this because I always remember the recruiting rankings. This guy was considered the best defensive lineman and one of the best players regardless of position.

Considerably more raw athletic ability than Raekwon Davis.

It makes sense what we are doing, via Gallimore and Benito Jones and DeShawn Hand. It will be a rotation of more barrel chested active guys instead of a 6-7 guy who mostly stands there guarding a limited space.

We'll make more splash plays but also give up more gash runs.

The unpredictability will be interesting. There was never much variance week to week with Sieler, Wilkins and Raekwon out there.
I don't know, there definitely seemed to be less missed tackles this year, but I saw a lot of poor angles resulting in missed tackles, so there is always room for improvement. I

Last edited:
Grier: Boss here is your Metamucil and by the way we resigned Deshawn Hand
Ross: I know, Danny from Finheaven already told me
Grier: ???
Alert, alert, wet dream territory!

Forgive my ignorance, but why can you not play guard at 275, but can play center?
cause as a guard he'd be facing DT's that are way bigger than him....some are 320lbs or more......at Center he's more on double blocks, pulling and getting to the 2nd level where he can use his athleticism

Also added former Phin Benito Jones, a starter in Det last year and possibly NT John Jenkins, also a starter with the Raiders last year, to replace McMillan.

Back
Top Bottom