Dolphins Agree To New Deal With Backup Offensive Lineman | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Agree To New Deal With Backup Offensive Lineman

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
The Miami Dolphins have reached a new deal with at least one of the four players they made an exclusive rights free agent earlier this offseason.

The Dolphins signed backup offensive tackle Zach Sterup to a one-year deal on Friday, his agent Brett Tessler announced from his Twitter account.

Sterup, who has appeared in 12 with two starts during the last two seasons with the Dolphins, could compete for a starting job on Miami’s revamped offensive line next season.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports...lusive-rights-free-agents-20190329-story.html

Sorry if this has already been posted.

Glad they brought him back but doesn’t change anything in terms of what miamis draft plans could be.

Nor should it

revamped makes it sounds like weve made changes to make it good. im gonna go out on a limb and say what we have right this second is worse than what we had right this second a year ago. and not a Debbie downer, I know we still have the draft, potential trades, low end FA pickups still available, but revamped means changed for the better

I’m not as worried about the Oline as I’ve been in the past. This new regime never really had any all pros on the Pats Oline, and they always performed well. It’s all about scheme and coaching. Hopefully we can now succeed at both

Makes sense with Dolphins interest in Kyler Murray. They can hide all their "skill players" behind these really tall linemen and use "Woody / Hidden Human Trick Plays":

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...ick-play-jakeem-grant-little-people-big-world

W3W44jf.gif

https://i.imgur.com/W3W44jf.gif

^ play above coincidentally using Jakeem Grant

ps sorry can't get the image to embed properly

Last edited:
I’m not as worried about the Oline as I’ve been in the past. This new regime never really had any all pros on the Pats Oline, and they always performed well. It’s all about scheme and coaching. Hopefully we can now succeed at both
New England has a hall of fame oline coach though and we dont. He tried retiring 5 years ago and it turned to hot garbage their so he had to come back.

That being said, most of our upgrades will come after May 1st, once signings dont count towards the comp picks anymore.

revamped makes it sounds like weve made changes to make it good. im gonna go out on a limb and say what we have right this second is worse than what we had right this second a year ago. and not a Debbie downer, I know we still have the draft, potential trades, low end FA pickups still available, but revamped means changed for the better

Your right, but based on the reasons you have stated, we have only just begun identifying our players for this year.

I'm anxious to see who we start with in training camp and who we have left on the team at the beginning of the season. Then there will be some last minute player adjustments as the season begins.

I think it will take 4 to 6 games for our new coaching staffs plans to begin to take effect. That is the point where we can say, with any degree of accuracy, what kind of team we have this year.

Since most of the previous coaching staff and many of our previous key players are no longer here, I don't have much of a feeling for how effective these new coaches and players are going to be. This is different from when I had some idea of what to expect from the team. This is going to be a whole new ball game for me and it will take a while for me to identify my favorites. Winning will make it easier, so I'm going to hope for the wins, settle for a competitive team and gloat once I find who I like and they play well.

At this point I'm just going to relax and enjoy the over reactions by posters to any of the changes and additions that will be coming. By thanksgiving I expect be back to my old optimistic self banging the table for my favorites and lambasting the lemmings.

I was surprised that they kept Sterup over Eric Smith and thought Sterup must have had something for them to do that.

Sure enough, Sterup showed himself on the field to be a slug and a turnstile.

Smith interestingly was picked up by the Jets onto their active roster late last season. Now that Gase has shown up, maybe he gets rid of him a second time.

Back
Top Bottom