Dolphins and Redskins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins and Redskins

Everyone enjoys a lil humour. You have to considering the season Miami had last season

The latest with them is this:

Redskins | Could Package Deal to Move Up to No. 2 Pick - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:06:32 -0700

Jason La Canfora, of the Washington Post, reports the Washington Redskins could offer their two first-round draft choices (No. 9 and No. 25 overall) along with WR Rod Gardner to the Miami Dolphins for the No. 2 overall draft choice.

At first I was all against trading down with Washington if it was just #9 & #25 for our #2 because all three of the big backs would be gone but with the addition of Gardner to this rumor I have changed my opinion. Trade down to #9 then trade back up with Tennessee at #7 for the #9 pick & #46 so we can get one of the three RBs. So we'd end up netting a top RB, Rod Gardner (a good young receiver), & move up 21 spots in the draft from #46 to #25. A spot that's more apt to have DT Travis Johnson fall to or a top DE, or possibly even trade down again to put us in position to get Baas, Elton Brown, or Marcus Johnson.

Just to comment on Gardener.

As a Skins fan, this guy gets me extremely frustrated and it's clear that part of the reason Gibbs wants to trade him is because of his inconsistencey.

The thing with Gardener is he can make amazing catches that take your breath away, then drop the simple one.

Saying that, he is a guy who doesn't mouth off, has stayed healthy for all his career thus far and considering the Phins have Chambers and Booker, as a #3 receiver, he could be an excellent addition as he would not be expected to push the passing game on his own (from a receiving point of view).

I guess it will come down to what Saban and the Phins FO make of him if he is involved in any kind of trade.

Oh, he's a free agent after next season and his salary is $2.097M, just FYI.

I am also a fan of Gardrner and i have followed his career and I agree with all your statements i would like to add my evaluation also....... good hands/Doesn't have blazing speed/hasn't led up to potential/great addition in any lockeroom haven't heard anything negative about his attitude even though washington talks about trading him so much

Fins2theend said:
I'll take Clevelands 2nd and Ronnie Brown......

That's the perfect trade IMO. I'm in love with Brown, and I'd love to get him and the Browns' second-round pick. I don't think it's going to happen, though.

i like braylon, but would rather have minnies picks, or washingtons picks...that would be two quality players, instead of one potential great...also looks like we go rb in the 2nd or 3rd, maybe JJ, or Vernand morency, or ciatrick fason..

Back
Top Bottom